Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2006 Head M 3.70 - First Time Buying

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SKI: Head 2006 M 3.70 Skis 177cm
Bindings: NX Excl+ Orange

Hi everyone, I’m 24 years old, 6”2” and weigh about 210 lbs. I’ve been skiing about once every other year for as long as I can remember, usually the trips last about a week. I live in the US but have ski’d in France and Austria as well, I’m an all around athlete and adrenaline nut, I have a Yamaha Raptor that I race, I ride mountain bikes, skydive, play football every weekend etc.. I’d say I’m a decent skier and I seem to be able to jump right back into skiing every time I go, for example last time I went skiing I went to snowbird in Utah and after not being on the slopes in 2 years, my first run was a blue and my second run was a double black and I pretty much stuck to the most difficult runs (and got off course and made a few of my own)

Anyway, im going skiing again on the 20th of this month, I’m tired of spending the first day of every trip getting used to a different pair of shitty rentals so im buying my own gear, I can’t justify spending $400 on boots and $400 on ski’s because I live a VERY long way away from anywhere where it snows! I can get the above combo shipped to my house for $168 and im wondering if it’s a decent deal, keep in mind I’m probably what most of you guys would consider a beginner so im just looking for something that is going to beat a rental and let me be a little adventurous while still leaving me room to grow, if I ever move and start skiing seriously ill definitely look into a better pair… anyway like I said I’m pretty much fearless and always end up doing something extreme.. I just want to make sure these aren’t some duds before I spend money on them..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mackdad, Welcome to snowHead

I'm afraid that you're going to find most people her will advise you to get your boots sorted first .... much more important than skis ... and only buy your boots from a reputable, reccomended bootfitter.

Enjoy the snow...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the welcome! i probably should have added that i have my own boots already, they are some older Tecnica XSLs, probably well outdated but they fit and get the job done without hurting my feet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy