Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rather than hi-jack NBT's thread......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We ARE doing a season next year - me, robthenav and the flying bogee (currently 10) and are fortunate that as a 'one off'Robthenav and I can carry on doing the work we do over here remotely from 'over there' so tying it all up with paid employment isn't an issue, though wouldn't rule out the odd bit of ad hoc work on my part.

The question is where should we think about basing ourselves?

Currently we think our priorities are: ( You may detect a bit of muddled thinking - feel free to straighten it out!)

French speaking - We can both scrabble by in French at its' most basic level and would like to get better as well as giving the flying bogee a head start

Easy airport access We'll need to come back to blighty occasionally to deliver training and touch base at work.

A long season Hoping to go at the beginning of December until the end of April

[b]A local school Ideally but not essentially with an international intake and skiing on the curriculum as while he isn't exactly enthused about the idea,the plan is that the flying bogee will be going to school -though our priority is less about the academic learning and more about him not being socially isolated. (Reasonable suggestions that provide for him socially and develop his language skills but not involving school could be entertained)

Easy access to varied 'home'skiing where i can happily progress with the speed of a snail, the flying bogee can get to ski really well and robthenav won't get bored with the opportunity to visit other places, particularly lesser known.

Reasonably priced convenient accommodation I guess that we'd have about £1200 (don't quote me, Robthenav may have other ideas! a month to play with and would want comfortable family furnished accomodation which is actually more important than absolute convenience, though not more important than the opportunity to build some sort of social network.

Around Deux Alpes is certainly in the frame - Bourg d'oisans, Venosc, etc etc but before we just go with what we know, where else do you ladies and gentlemen think we should be considering?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Annie, Switzerland, lots of international schools in Valais / Vaud ...... not sure the budget quite hacks it though in places like Chateau d'Oex, Leysin ..... Vevey has 'Haut-Lac' school but distance from resorts

... but I'd send him to French-speaking state school in Bourg-St-Maurice or similar ( L2A sounds reasonable as well)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy