Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys = where's better for skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snoop, we used www.3vt.co.uk who I'd recommend whole-heartedly. We've not been adventurous in our selection of accommodation, and have only stayed in Val Thorens. admin has arranged large gatherings in VT at the Oxalys and Val Thorens 2400 appartments. We've stayed at the Montana Villages appartments. The Val Thorens website is pretty good for accommodation hunting.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snoop, I can recommend www.3vt.co.uk too and also www.snowboundtransfers.com for transfers to La Tania and nearby. Emailing bob@skiaccommodation.co.uk is a good source for apartments - he's very helpful and always gets back to you quickly. Stacks of info and links on www.latania.co.uk too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a 3V fan and have skied ther more times than I can remember, Toofy Grin I have stayed in everything from a motorhome in La Tania to a catered chalet in Courchevel 1850. I too can reccommend Bob@Ski accomodation he has got his finger on the pulse when it comes to accom. We skied the 3valleys for two weeks over Xmas and Newyear with very few crowds and minimal queues apart from the dreadded links thriugh Meribel.

I am off to the Sella Ronda on Saturday so I will report back with a full update on my return. We are staying in Arabba and have high hopes for tyhe week snow looks favorable.

Anyone stayed in the Hotel Mesdi?? Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have sagedog - it's a great hotel. Be careful in the Wellness centre though - thats all I'll say!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, kkev, sagedog, Thanks for the help people!!! ill take a look at those and let you know how we gwt on. Cheers Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sagedog wrote:

I am off to the Sella Ronda on Saturday so I will report back with a full update on my return. We are staying in Arabba and have high hopes for tyhe week snow looks favorable.

Please do, it will be interesting to see what you think of the area. Have a fab time
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can second the Mesdi. Excellent food too. I'll be back there a week after you although not in the Mesdi as it was fully booked about 6 months ago. Hotel Malita this time. Hopefully it's almost as good as the Mesdi. Any comments on it ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
dsoutar
I can second the Mesdi.

Was the wellness centre naked and towels only ? Madeye-Smiley Or were we shy brits allowed to wear swim costumes/shorts wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm about to go to Courchevel for the 8th time on Saturday. I've tried resorts in Austria, Canada, Italy and a variety of other places but I can say that 3Vs is definately my favourite! Its got a great variety of runs, espessially if I go with beginners but want some more challenging ones to do too. Very Happy can't wait to go this year! snow conditions seem quite good
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well we got back from Arabba in one peice, The Hotel Mesdi cannot be beaten in my mind staff, rooms and food all first class and at 40 paces from the lift it was superb. Madeye-Smiley

The area on the other hand needs a little bit of updating on the lift system, get rid of the 2 man chairs all will then be fine. The skiing ddn't really compare with the 3 Valeys as they are not as well linked or you have to tag along on the merry go-round of the Sella Ronda to get anywhere. The red down from the Marmolada was great on the two mornings we did it Toofy Grin but don't waste your time heading over to the Lagazoui area. Sad

We all really enjoyed ourselves and I would certainly go back again.

Bit short but I will try to get more info down shortly, John I am sure will be along shortly to chip in his thoughts. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
courchevel 47, a belated welcome to snowHeads Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saikee, I agree that it would be difficult to go from Orrelle to 1650 and back in a day, however I would say it is fairly tough to go from Canazei to the other side of Kronplatz or indeed Ortesei to Cortina and back in a day. Worth a try though Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sagedog, Suprised you say that, as the hidden valley was rated one of the top runs in the world for its scenery! It is a must IMO for anyone going to that region. I thouroghly enjoyed the whole episode and am returning in a couple of weeks time, I accept that apart from some slopes (Arabba, La Villa WC slalom, and a couple of others) it is not challenging but it is beautiful. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With regards to the hiden valley - sage dog and myself both love skiing. We want to be on different slopes, racking up the miles, facing different challenges and generally playing around. Neither of us would argue that the scenery in the hidden valley is spectacular and we both agree that the horse drawn ski chain experience is something different. If you go to the Dolomites and you want to see some of the best views ever then you should, without doubt, go to the hidden valley. However, when we went, it took about 2 hours from the bus stop back to the bottom of the run and we both felt we'd missed out on a lot of skiing time as we'd only completed one run in 2 hours. So really it depends on personal preferance. I have to say the scenery in the Dolomites is amazing anyway - even if you don't go to the hidden valley.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy