Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D’Anniviers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to Val D’Anniviers?

I am thinking of going for a short break the week of the 10th March.

What is the best way to get there? Should I hire a car at Geneva?

Any good places to stay? and what is the skiing like?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A car is best to get around the different ski areas, it takes about 2 hours from Geneva, or you can get a train from Geneva to Sierre which takes just over 2 hours, then a 20/30 minute taxi or the Postbus (1 hour) to resort.

I can recommend the Hotel Moiry in Grimentz, only a 2 star, but very friendly with good food.

I'm still finding my way around (I've just bought an apt there), so I'm probably not the best one to comment on the skiing,. But what I've seen so far is very good.

It's a very beautiful and unspoilt area, but not much in the way of nightlife.
latest report
 brian
brian
Awooga, don't go if you like:

- large well connected ski areas, endless km of pistes
- loads of intermediate cruising
- Brit bars serving warm beer and showing rugby
- being able to get by with no French at all

Otherwise it's ok-ish wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks

Well I can manage to muddle my way through in french so that should be OK.

Not worried about the limited extent of pistes as only going for 4 days or so. Also I am happy to avoid the Brit bars serving warm beer thanks!

Thinking of staying in St Luc Chandolin as it is high. Would you recommend there or one of the other resorts? Car sounds like a good option. Shock
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what kind of skiing do you like to do, and how are you on T Bars.......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Intermediate skier. A little off piste now and again (with guide of course).

Not too worried about t-bars as long as weather is OK. Got stuck on the t-bar on the way back from Zermatt to Cervina a few years ago in freezing winds and took about a day to warm up!! snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
St Luc should suit you well then, I'd have thought. It's the sunnier, cruisier side of the valley.

Not stayed there but the Grand Hotel Bella Tola looks very nice.

http://www.hotel-bellatola.ch/

The drive up the valley is fairly "interesting" but a car is definitely best if you want to get round all the villages.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's shite..go to one of the bigger fail-safe resorts instead...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian wrote:
The drive up the valley is fairly "interesting" ...

That wasn't the word I used when I drove up it (in the dark and a snow storm)! The scariest mountain road I've ever been on.
snow report
 brian
brian
JT, having fun then ? Are you still in CH ?

rob@rar, Laughing I think it's less scary in the dark, you can't see the yawning precipice you're driving along the edge of. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian,

Just got back 2 hrs ago............had a hhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooggggggggggeeee blast.....!!!!

Gonna fire up the vid cam and see what we have. Best conditions for eons.....finding nice stuff 10 days after fresh snow....

I defo think Chamonix is the place to be this year..

wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
oh yes, we want to see pics and video please JT Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy