Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing/ Boarding in Kitzbuhel when staying in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of six of us are going to Soll on the 15th February to the 19th February. This will be about the 4/ 5 time that most of us have been to Soll and really enjoy the whole SkiWelt area. However, we have never ventured over to Kitzbuhel. Have a few questions as follows:

Is it possible to ski all the way to Kitbuhel from Soll ?

If so, how long would it take and what is the easiest route ?

Can you use the Soll lift pass in Kitzbuhel ?

Any other advice about getting between the two resorts would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know any of the answers, but I can say that boarders I have skied with in Kitzbuhel have moaned about the flats, so the boarders might want to take a pole to help them (it's astonishing what these East Europeans will do for a couple of Euros) . That was on the Hahnenkamm; the Kitzbuheler Horn is supposed to be better for boarders
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Powerkiter, It's not possible to ski all the way, no. There are 2 road links I think - first you need to cross the road at Brixen to get up to the Wetendorf ski area, and then there is another bus-link from the far side of Westendorf to Kitzbuhel.

Easier to get a bus/taxi from Soll to Kitz I would say - I'm not sure if there's a dedicated ski bus to do this.

Kitz is not on the Ski Welt lift pass but I think you can by a day's extension...

Sorry to be a bit vague...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27 is correct. It is not possible for the following reasons

(1) Kitzbuhel and Soll (part of Ski Welt) are two different resorts completely "unlinked"

(2) It is almost 20 miles by road.

One can buy a ski pass in Ski Welt that covers a day or any number of days in Kitzbuhel.

Skiing from Soll to Brixenale can reduce the taxi distance more than half but Kitzbuhel is so large that a day will not be enough, let alone part of a day. Remember you have to catch the chairlifts back at Brixenale and all the way to the top in order to ski back to Soll. From experience you can spend an hour in the traffic jam just to come out of Kitzbuhel if you choose to go down near the closing time.

There is a train to Kitzbuhel but I wouldn't know how to use it from Soll.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Powerkiter, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, thank you.

Thanks for all your helpful comments.

Normally we hire a car so could have driven there, but this year I have arranged a taxi transfer from Salzburg Airport. May just stick to the Ski Welt then. More than enough to keep us entertained.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Welt is linked by 7 satellite resorts of Going, Ellamu, Scheffau, Soll, Iter, Hopfgarten and BrxienThale, in anticlockwise direction. You will do well in 5 days if you manage to ski the remaining unlinked Westendorf too. The ski Welt covers St Johann too a few files off Going but it is a small resort.

I am sure you could ask the locals about the transport to other areas but I wouldn't expect free bus rides to Kitbuhel or St Johann. There should be free bus rides between BrixenThale to Westendorf though. It is a decent size and well worth a visit.

I believe the link between Kitzbuhel to Jochberg is now fully operational and so Kitzbuhel is now a large linked skiing area.

If you click Google, then maps and type "Kitzbuhel, Austria" you will see Soll is diametrically opposite to Kitzbuhel, although you can access Kitzbuhel vis Kirchberg chairlifts which isn't too far off Westendorf/BrixenThale.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy