Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Email from ski club

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received email from Ski Club confirming that they won't be reopening the forum to non members. Don't really care about that anymore - this place is already so much more.
Only shame is that they didn't give the www.snowheads.com address out - just to contact them with any usernames of people you want to get in touch with. (At least its a new avenue for Elizabeth to explore for all the names she hasn't yet managed to track down - you've done a fantastic job there Blush )
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This has just come up on the SCGB, chat sign in page. Good to see they've copyrighted it! There's no going back now....

"We know that many of you have been very disappointed by the Ski Club's recent decision to remove the Open Chat Forum. We apologise for taking down the Open Chat Forum without notice, and we do recognise that we could have done this in a better, more user-friendly way.

We appreciate that the Open Forum provided a good medium for members and non-members alike to exchange information and clearly there are the benefits of a community sharing information and making friendships. We also recognise that it could be a potential source of new members for the Ski Club.

In view of the strength of the opinions expressed by both members and non-members, the Club has debated this at its highest level. We have also taken legal advice.

There are two areas of very real concern to us. Firstly, the legal liability to which the Ski Club might be exposed by items posted in the chat forum. There is no way round the legal position that the Club is technically 'publishing' anything that anyone posts in its Chat Forum, even if we published disclaimers. This isn't just a Ski Club problem – all chat forums face similar issues.

Secondly, we are concerned about the impact that some of the threads may have upon the Club's partners, such as rep resorts, and our ability to go on delivering our wide range of services both at home and abroad to the Ski Club's 27,500 members.

After very careful consideration of both the benefits and the risks, the Club feels that we are sadly not in a position to be able to reinstate the Open Chat Forum, because of the difficulties outlined above. The Club has decided to retain the Members Chat Forum and invest in moderation, of which only very little has been done up until now, and we are installing a new 'report this post' button which members can use to help in the moderation process. We are reasonably confident that the Club can moderate a Members Forum, but doubt that we have the resources to cope with the much larger Open version.

We are aware that some of you may have lost contact with other posters on the Open Chat Forum, and would like to get in touch. If this is so, then please email laura.zachary@skiclub.co.uk with the username of the person that you want to contact, and your note to them. She will then try to identify the user, and forward your email to them. This will be a time-consuming, manual process, so please don't expect immediate results.

We realise that many of you will be disappointed by the decision not to reinstate the Open Chat Forum. However the Club must take account of the serious legal issues that have been raised. It's an area of new and evolving law.

Closing the Open Chat Forum was not a ploy to make loads of new Ski Club Members, which has been suggested; it was done to protect the Club and its relationships. You may like to know that the Ski Club of Great Britain is run on a not-for-profit basis, which means that any profits made are re-invested into the Club for the benefit of the members.

Of course we do hope that you decide to join the Club, not just to use the Members Chat Forum, but because of the numerous benefits that are available to Ski Club members. Click here to see what the Club can offer you.

© 2003 Ski Club of Great Britain Ltd The White House, 57-63 Church Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 5SB"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Inbox won't stop rattling. Wish I hadn't registered so many pseudonyms at SCGB! Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Screw 'em. Pompus idiots. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm glad. Whatever way you look at it, they did not want us anymore. We can all move on now. Shame, but there it is. They are an exclusive club and will keep it that way. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tis their loss. We all still have each other. Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aahhhggg!! How sweet Madeye-Smiley Confused snowHead Embarassed Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have too recieved my e mail from ski club, for a moment my stick their toffee nosed forum up their back bottom point of veiw was blown away. replaced by feelings of "they do care, they have actually emailed me personally to tell me the reasons for the disission that was taken". I was just about to reach for the credit card to sign up for membership when i realized the e mail sent to me was addressed to Maggie A Colpus. Well i believe maggie is with us on snowheads snowHead too so they can stick their toffee nosed forum up their back bottoms!!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like Laura's mail merge went a bit awry!

Poor Laura - she was doing her best as well...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ant, Em, my e-mail was to Maggie A Colpus too. But I thought well, same forename, easy mistake. Wonder who else was addressed as Maggie. (Are you sure you haven't been "outed") rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me too. I think she bcc'd it to all of us at the one go.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will the real Maggie A Colpus please stand up.
And prove its not my sunday name Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy