Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New SCGB rep in Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The SCGB announced that there will be rep in Courchevel 1850 for the 2004/05 season ( 18/12/04 to 09/04/05 ) and presumably onwards. This is a belated change as it does not feature in the listings of reps in the handbook.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might be handy for us - staying in La Tania 27th Dec - 3rd Jan but the SCGB rep doesn't arrive there until Jan 8th. Any chance the La Tania Rep will be out earlier?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pete Horn - probably not - the handbook says the La Tania rep. starts on 8th Jan. - you could check with the club on 0845 4580784.

The meet point at Courcheval is Sunday at La Croisette - snowside base of the piste - and the social hour is from 5:30 to 6:30 at Hotel La Crosiette. Or get the mobile phone number of the rep. from SCGB and phone him to arrange to meet at 11:00am. I think that La Tania is a lot nearer to Courcheval than Meribel, which also has a club rep. from 18th December.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, I was just hoping that as the handbook was incomplete about Courchevel it might also have a little improvement in La Tania in the pipeline. I was going to check with the Ski Club a little nearer the trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hiya. The reason Courchevel wasn't listed in the snowbook is because it's a very last minute development, and a very welcome one.

I lived in Meribel for three years, and just FYI it is much cheaper to get a taxi back from Meribel to La Tania than Courch 1850 to La Tania. La Praz, or Courch 1330 is about the same distance as meribel from La Tania, but it's not too advisable to try skiing down after dark, particular as snow cover is not always all that good all the way down!

Lifts generally open at 8.30am (although not all) but from personal experience it is very possible to get to either resort within 30 mins from La Tania. Just head up to Altiport, then up the 8 man to get to Meribel (straight down to centre of town) or take the chair on the left to col de la loz, and straight line it down to Courch... snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy