Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone try http://www.best-ski-insurance.co.uk/ I am getting Annual Insurance including winter sports for a couple for £60 and single trip for £33.53.
The cover seems none too shabby either.
Hire equipment and off piste are included (I think).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brian Barrett, Off pist with that lot, as I've just been told, is anywhere between the resort's marked pistes - which is kinda vague when you start looking at the size of some of the mega ski areas!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque,

I have a company year multi trip etc but I have to supplement it with winter insurance. I use Fogg as they cover off-piste including Heli-ski but only if you don't jump out of the heli, it must land...!!!
If you book this online I think the prices start at £22:00 for the economy and £28:00 for the Premium. The difference being the amount of medical and ski replacement etc
Not too bad for a mix and match and it covers what I need it to cover.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just looked at the revised terms for my Columbus Direct insurance policy, that I have just renewed.

It still makes no distinction between on or off piste (which is good) and treats boarding, skiing, blading etc as all in the same category and so does not charge a premium for one over the other (which is good incase you unexpectedly want to try one of the other disciplines)

However, an interesting new change is that the cover does not apply if you do not adhere to the FIS rules of skiing. Part of me applauds this method of encouraging people to take these rules seriously (although it has to be said that Columbus did not bring it to my attention, I had to read the small print). However, another part of me worries about the arguments that an insurer may use to avoid a claim.

Has anyone seen this in their policies before?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been looking at the SCGB insurance details and snowball is right the SCGB does just say off piste. I've emailed them for exactly what they cover. Otherwise Direct Travel do look good, but I think I might need a bit more than they offer - I'm a little too adventurous! Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have to renew our insurance and I've noticed that 'baggage and personal effects' is fairly inadequate. The jewellery and valuables limit is £500 / person - my digital camera cost £300.00, my watch a fair bit more, my earrings etc.etc. --and a single item limit of £300. Total effects £1500.00. Not a lot when you add up ski gear / clothing / Jimmy Choos etc.....
Does anyone's policy have better than this? Or does everyone travel naked?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
erica2004, you may find your household innsurance will at least partially cover your belongings
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
American Express (www.amex.co.uk) may be worth a look. Their cover seems to include off piste skiing, provided you (1) observe the local rules, (2) follow the instructions of your guide, (3) if you are inexperienced you take a guide and (4) as a general rule you exercise common sense and follow sensible local pracitces.

These terms seem fairly reasonable in the scheme of things but I have no idea how this works with Amex in practice. If anyone has any Amex claims experience ( Sad ) it would be interesting to know how quick they are to pay up!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just did my ski insurance this PM went with snowcard.co.uk but I noticed that their limit was £500 for a single item since my shiny new head skis cost £550 ish I had them up the insurance to cover them, they only up the limits in multiples of £100 though so my single item limit is now £600 the cost for the increase an extra £2 well worth it for peace of mind imho
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy