Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

geneva to portes du soleil without a car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can it be done easily as i am travelling alone and car hire is expensive for one person

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
backhojo, I think you'll find that http://www.altibus.com can sell you a Geneva-Morzine ticket. They seem to do Les Gets and Avoriaz too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
backhojo, as David Goldsmith says, there's a public bus and it's pretty reliable. The only downside is that it's comparitively slow.

Alternatively, if you wait until quite close the travel date it's usually quite easy to find some space on a transfer - the going rate is around 40 euros each way to Morzine / Les Gets. More to Avoriaz. There are plenty of threads on PDS transfers.

BTW - both David Goldsmith and I are assuming that you mean Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets, rather than Chatel and the Swiss side...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Public bus - Altibus etc
Private transfer - Skilifts.com and the like (about €50 one way if I remember)
Blag a lift with a tour op coach (€free - €40 depending on you, the time, the rep etc etc)

Or get a train to Thonon (not sure if possible) and bus up from there. I think the Balad d'Aulps buses go to Thonon, in which case that part of the journey would be 1€.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
backhojo, also http://www.alp-line.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks. the problem is my arrival time would be 21:00 so not easy to get public transport. i thought about staying in geneva then getting a transfer the next day but that will waste lots of valuable ski time as the journey is very slow. hire car is an option if there is nore than one person as it costs about £100.

anyone need a car share on feb 7th ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might also be worth having a look at http://www.skitransfers.com/ . Pretty sure they do lower rates if they are adding you on to an existing transfer and they are always up and down between GVA and various PDS resorts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
backhojo - phone a couple of the transfer companies - one of them will be able to fit you on. Ski Transfers are reliable and normally charge 40€ to Les Gets and 45€ to Morzine if they've already got a transfer running, but you've got to phone and speak to them to get that deal. If you book via the website it'll try to charge you for running a transfer from scratch.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
backhojo, I used to be a driver morzine-geneva - always picking up waifs and strays at GVA. Just ask around all the people looking bored holding signs at arrivals hall.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
norris, the airport authorities have got very hot on this due to pressure from GVA taxi drivers - not something I'd count on anymore. Tranx companies can potentially lose their licence to go into the airport if they pick up anyone other than pre-booked punters.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
its too risky at 9pm. i could end up stranded !!! i have emailed a couple of tansfer companies direct - waiting repsonses. thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Last Year I picked the bro in law up from Geneva airport on a saturday night (we drove to resort). On departure day I couldn't be bothered to divert to the airport so we stuck him on the Altibus. Was about 32 euros from Les Gets. Well worth it I think!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy