Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Wedding 2008 still possible?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

MrRibena and I are considering taking the plunge (finally!) and wondered if there's any chance we could still organise a ski wedding for this ski season. We are not the flower and chocs types so are looking for a simple, non-religous, straightforward ceremony (nice hotel, few pics etc) - basically a ski holiday with a wedding squeezed in.

From my limited research it seems Austria is the best bet and it looks like at this short notice a wedding planner is the only way to go to avoid cracking up sorting out the paperwork, especially as MrRibena is Romanian which I think might complicate matters a bit. We did look into a Romanian ski wedding but I'd need to have a syphillus test and TB xray within 48 hours of the big day (one of the more interesting of the numerous requirements!) but I'd prefer to be out skiing!

Anyway, it's a very long shot but I've seen a couple of snowheads mention snowy weddings, so here's hoping ...

Rebecca
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did this a while back in Switzerland. It wasn't too difficult - the documents had to be completed in German and there were a few legal quirks (like having to sign a declaration to the effect that we we both sane). All of this could be done beforehand in the UK.

Once we arrived everything went very smoothly and the staff at the registry office were brilliant. We had a blessing in the local church afterwards, but this has no legal significance.

And the snow was great, woohoo!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MissRibena, so you want to go to Austria and marry a Romanian at short notice. You like your life complicated, don't you? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone looking to marry a ski instructor this winter has about 10 weeks left. After that, they turn into frogs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Err ... just realised ... many of them are frogs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LOL ... I know it sounds dodgy but it's not - honest!

Romania is in the EU and so are Austria and Ireland so you'd think it'd be fairly straightforward. Getting married in neither Romania or Ireland makes it simpler for us than having two sets of families who can't communicate with each other. So, I remembered this flier I saw one year when I was in Austria about ski weddings and had a eureka moment. I've sent emails to everywhere I can find about Austria and a couple to some Swiss people this morning (thanks telford_mike)

Looks like its a non-runner at this notice though Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's always Italy - the Italians do romance pretty well don't they?

http://www.ski-2.com/content/default.asp?PageId=1356&xpm14=708
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MissRibena, Crystal do wedding packages in Austria and the USA.

http://www.crystalski.ie/extras/f7_weddings.shtml

Not convinced I'd like to have them organise that sort of crucial event, but they will probably have a better chance of doing it at short notice than you will yourself.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the answers everyone. I actually did find a company that could accomodate us in Austria in March but it turns out the Letter of Freedom takes a couple of months to issue in Ireland, so that puts paid to that! We've still have our hol in Grand Massif to look forward to luckily.

Free woman for another while then Smile
Thanks again.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
congratulations snowHead

time for an extra stag/hen do in that case! Snowheads invited obviously! snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MissRibena, Couldn't you do something on a glacier in the more summer months?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy