Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Karma / Volkl Bridge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Stats:

6'2"
190lbs (85kgs)
Instructor last week said I was a level 6/7 skier.
70/30 piste to off-piste so will most likely encounter some hardpack/icy conditions on most days. However I would like a ski that I can have a bit of fun on whilst on the piste or off to the sides, trying switch for example. I am also looking to step up my off-piste skiing when the conditions allow. I like to ski fairly hard usually but also sometimes cruise towards the end of the day on some easy groomers.

The Volkl Karma/Bridge is the ski I'm interested in. Managed to demo a pair of the Karmas in a 177 for the day and thought they were nice. Ripped the groomers and were good in the pow that I managed to find.

How different are the bridges to the karmas? I assume the extra width of the bridges will aid flotation in the pow but to anyone whose ridden the Bridges, are they as good as the Karmas on the groomers? Any other noticeable differences?

I have found last years Karma in a 177 but can pick up the Bridges for cheaper in either a 177 or 185. What ski and size should I go for??

Also, where should I mount. They will mainly be used for all-mountain but wouldnt mind trying to carve switch and doing some jumps on them and possibly taking them into the park for the odd box etc.

Thanks for the help people, peace.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump.

Also looking at the Scott Punisher now as well.

I can get the Volkl Bridges cheaper than the others, and Volkl make quality skis from what I've heard. The Punishers sound pretty sweet as well.

Any help guys and gals?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
185cm Bridge. Mount them at the standard line. I haven't skied them but the look and feel great. Sounds perfect for you...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can only recommend the karmas. However, they are no longer a current model, so would be interested to hear where you found them available for purchase. Wouldnt mind an extra pair...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Bridges are the replacement model for the Karma. We like them. I agree with parlor, , get a 185 - whilst being a bit less agile on piste they will be much better suited to the off-piste, more float and stability.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy