Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Weight (sorry Sypderjon!)

Poster: A snowHead
Just weighed my skis - Salomon 3V LAB about 6kgs, Stockli Stormrider with Salomon bindings no plates 4kgs. Does that sound about right? Not sure if i was getting them fully on the scales.

Boots about 4kgs. So if i can keep my main bag less than 18kgs i can take both sets of skis on Easyjet right?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, Watched as we put boots on the scales at Bristol airport in Jan and they were about 6kg a pair Confused snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, came back from GVA on Sleazyjet on Sunday eve with 2 sets of skis and lots of other things in a big bag, they didnt weigh it so reckon you should be ok Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, You'll be pushing it, I was stung for £24 on the way out last time (main bag) but put more kit in my ski-bag on the way back and was 33Kg but argued that I had paid for ski carriage and although the ski-bag was "out of range" it did not fall into excess baggage as a fee for carriage had been paid and accepted and all the equipment in that ski-bag was integral and required for skiing (clothing etc.) . . . not sure I'd rely on that argument but it's one I'll keep using.

I did take too much crap with me, but skis, boots, board, boots, bindings and bag alone weigh 22.5Kg. Shocked

edit: GVA weighed my ski-bag.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, Laughing

You're LAB's will be a bit heavier than that & your Stormriders will be over 6kg too. If your using bathroom scales they won't work accurately at very low weights so weigh yourself & the skis then subtract your nett weight. Don't forgot ya poles also.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ok, decided not to risk it and will only take one set of skis Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't ski boots weigh a lot? I wince whenever I pick mine up in their lightweight nylon bag. Are some models lighter than others due to the compounds they or are made of are all boots heavy?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 29-01-08 22:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was only about 1 - 2kgs out on each of the weights above (using SPyderjon's weighing method).

Megamum, they probably feel heavy as they're quite dense / awkward shape to carry.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, I think they are all pretty heavy. The amount of hardware involved sees to that.

But even with my boots and most of my clothes plus other gear in a large wheeled suitcase, the total weight still usually comes in under 20Kg (18.8 this year on my trip to the Zillertal).

A few of the clothes will be used for padding in the ski bag - which I have never had weighed at an airport yet, but when I checked on my home scales by standing on them with and without the ski bag, came in at about 10Kg including poles, bag and "padding".
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is my response to another similar post. It may help.

Just phoned Inghams and was told that the 6kg is a guide only and providing that there is only one pair of skis and poles in the case there would not be any excess charge.

I was also told that airlines are now looking out for people who stuff ski & board bags with clothes etc and charging them extra. Be warned.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have taken 2 pairs of skis on a 2 week holiday in 1 bag. My skis and poles came in about 15kg and my bag cam in about 16-17kg so just under. I carried my boots as hand luggage ( not wishing to start a whole other argument Wink )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have just 'phoned BA about two pairs in one bag seems it's ok if under the 23kg baggage limit. It counts as one item. Bag, poles and skis 12.7kg. The web site says no clothing and only one pair per bag. The person I spoke to added a note to my booking saying that it is ok. I just hope it is. It was with United, two years ago.....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry didnt see this thread when I posted up this !

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=843335
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
beanie1, Laughing

You're LAB's will be a bit heavier than that & your Stormriders will be over 6kg too. If your using bathroom scales they won't work accurately at very low weights so weigh yourself & the skis then subtract your nett weight. Don't forgot ya poles also.

They don't work accurately at higher weights either.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer wrote:
They don't work accurately at higher weights either.

Thought you'd solved that problem wink
snow conditions
JP, Shoite, I was going to stuff the kids' skis in my bag when we go with Inghams. Still gonna give it a try 'cos I don't feel inclined to pay their extortionate prices for a set of skis that are 80cm long!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
Just back from the trip. One of my colleagues carried his boots as hand luggage Gatwick to Geneva no problem either way.

If i'd done that i could have taken second set of skis!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy