Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking about it...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops, you dont need to be cos you can get around with out using a single drag and still get decent snow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowangel., what about impact resistance beanies?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At the age of 51, I am learning to ski after learning to snowboard the wrong side of 40, just booked the lessons for my next trip at the beginning of April. I would never give up the snowboard on powder days but I much prefer to be on skis on the ice!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, i tried to see if i could get some of that new stuff, d30 or something, but i'm not a big enough business for them to sell it to me! typical!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowangel., what about just cutting up a slalom vest and using the flexible impact rubber sheeting in strips in the same way?

just for fun get a chain saw and cut up some skis too ...... opps sorry .... getting carried away, the edges would blunt the chain anyway Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
getting hurt boarding involves unimportant stuff like your backside, or fingers or your head.. getting hurt sking involves serious stuff like your knees..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd strongly repeat snojito's impact shorts recommendation.

My second day snowboarding I caught a heel edge and slammed onto my coccyx (like Miss S). Same story afterwards: whenever I thought I might be about to fall I'd twist around or stick out an arm or do anything possible in order to avoid falling on my ass again. Hurt my shoulder (not so seriously) in the process, which meant there was now another body part I was trying to "save" in falls Very Happy Pretty much stopped me learning anything until it recovered.

I'd definitely recommend for boarding: knee-pads, impact-shorts, writs-protectors, helmet (with this one it's not because you're so likely to hurt your head, but rather because a head/brain injury is the injury most likely to completely and permanently change your life). I wear all of these, and all have definitely saved me some pain/discomfort/lost-boarding-time and perhaps injury.

Also, Masque's beginner-boarding posts are very good, and I'd recommend practising the falling techniques he describes. I've done that a bit and they help with confidence at least.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
rayscoops, I have friends that are really good boarders but absolutely REFUSE point blank to do drags as they don't want to fall off. So instead of learning drags in the beginning when it was acceptable & expected to fall , they now miss out on some areas of the mountian because of that fear.

Practice Practice Practice is the only way

it's something i must do - learn to get up drags - never been on one. i've been boarding for two weeks so i'm not great, but don't fancy being on my back bottom again. i noticed when we were choosing a resort this year, i was looking at the number of drags/pistemaps in the brochure trying to pick resorts that seemed more chairlift endowed. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rogg, good plan ! Done that this year, Tignes, barely a drag in sight Razz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rogg, exactly what I have done with every trip, there are areas in PDS that only have drags so watch out Shocked luckily I avoided them.

I actually met a skiing couple in Morzine (in the same chalet) who have been on 3 or 4 previous trips (in total) and had only taken drags or bubbles/gondolas etc .... never actually used a chair lift. Needless to say they refused to get on the first lift of their hols - a chair lift - with me and my board Laughing When they got to the top they saw the people in the chair infront of them raising the safety bar to get off and at this point the noted that they had not actually brought down the safety bar in the first place Shocked

I mainly take chairs if I have the choice in preference to gondolas, and walk in preference to drags Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, WALK Shocked One only does that to retrieve ones goggles after a less than dainty landing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
rogg, good plan ! Done that this year, Tignes, barely a drag in sight Razz

Laughing guess where i went on my hols this year Razz great it was too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy