Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

decisions, decisions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
not getting very far choosing our holiday for next year at the moment so was hoping i might get some input for you lot wink

a) PSV with snowbizz - seems to tick all the boxes with regards to price, skiing for kids etc. but hubby isn't keen because we will have to fly from manchester and also no afternoon care for kids (although we are pretty sure 3 hours of childfree skiing in the morning will be enough

b) clubhotel turquoise in belle plagne with crystal - excellent price, all day childcare, high altitude resort (as we are going mid-jan) loads of skiing area, ski in and out and we can fly edinburgh to chambery, however it seems the kids will have to go to ESF ski school which I'm not so keen on and as they are 7 and 5 they will be split into seperate groups.

c)clubhotel brunerie in les deux alps with crystal - again good price, good flights, but not really ski in and out, again there is childcare available but not sure if kids would have to use ESF which is what they seem to book if you organise through them, or wether i could arrange ski schools for them with another school

d) clubhotel st louis in corchevel 1850 with crystal - a bit more expensive but is a finest hotel. TA found it available buti can't find it available on line to get the online discount. Pretty much ski in and out, 3 valleys so great skiing and childcare, plus ski school is with magic in motion rather than esf (but childcare and ski school are pretty expensive)

have looked at the esprit options but the really nice ones in good locations are a bit too expensive and the cheaper otions don't have verey good locations and hubby is refusing to walk anywhere with a set of ski's so either ski in and out is essential or very very close to the lifts.

anyone else any other suggestions, we are limited in funds to a base price of around 1600 so mark warner, club med, scott dunn etc are all out i'm afraid.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who says there's any obligation to use the ski school the TO use? If anything, seems like a good idea to avoid it as the world and his wife will be using it too. If you go to LDA, contact Easiski, if in Courchevel try Supreme or New Generation, I don't know La Plagne so can't help there. Snowbizz seems to be a different, all-in set-up specifically for families with children so you may be comparing apples with bananas, but surely it's just a matter of preference?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, as far as i know if you want your kids picked up and dropped off you have to go with the ski school they do the pick up from. thanks anyway though, hubby has agreed to go from manchester with snowbizz. i think it offers everything we want from our first ski holiday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlichops, did you look at the Esprit chalet hotel in Saas Fee, looks nice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charlichops, you know it makes sense Wink Now if you can get your kids started this season you will get a lot more out of your family skiing time. It's amazing how quickly they improve at that age if they enjoy it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
charlichops, La Plagne and L2A are both pretty grim resorts IMO...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nessy, going to see about getting them a couple of beginner lessons before we go at xscape i think.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy