Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach Journey London - Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone done the coach journey from London to Tignes rreturn?

There's 14 of us doing it in feb. I'm expecting it to be pretty dire, but would love to know exactly what to expect! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been from London to Geneva and Basle by coach before, it's not too bad provided you don't have really long legs, if you do try to get aisle seats or your knees will end up seriously bruised though
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmmm...yes, I have reasonably long legs - 6'2"...

we're travelling with Eurolines. do you think they would frown upon bringing a tipple along, just to aid the sleeping (not to be raucous!)?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done the overnight trip to Meribel and didn't find it too bad, but it helps if you can fall asleep anywhere. (I have fallen asleep as a pillion passenger before now - which I wouldn't recommend).

If they give you the option to upgrade on leg room, then go for it, it would be worthwhile. Take a pillow/cushion and a blanket for comfort. There will probably be a couple of comfort stops with a chance to stretch your legs and buy snacks etc. Coming back, you are usually fairly exhausted after a day on the slopes so sleeping is easier.

The big plusses are the price and the fact that you get the extra time on the slopes fro the same time away. I would certainly do that sort of thing again, the experience of the journey didn't put me off and I can now only remember how much I enjoyed the skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we leave on the friday night arriving saturday lunch time, then get the extra half day on the following saturday. Not much, but I shall be savouring every last minute of it!

As you say, it's the cost which is a bonus. Travelling with Action-Outdoors for an all incl. deal of £550, which includes 4 days off piste guiding!
Can't wait! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
weirdonorskie, I traveled with Eurolines and I'm the same height as yourself get an aisle seat or you will not be able to ski for a day or more when you arrive, the constant vibration of the seat in front hits your knees all through the journey. Shocked

I'm not sure of their attitude to alcohol but I'd have thought they would have no problems with you having the odd drink wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have done many an overnight journey by bus (altho oddly not to ski resort).

It causes sore backs, grumpiness if you can't sleep, and (in parts) is mind-numbingly boring. And there's a wiffyness that occurs throughout the coach in the latter part of each leg.

However if no other option's available I'd do it - I hate the downtime of travel, and I'm lucky enough to be able to sleep in any moving vehicle.

Tips:

1) Get pissed enough to aide with the snoozing - this requires careful timing so that you're good & sleepy by around 11pm. But not so pissed that you need to pee constantly.

2) Get an aisle seat so you can poke your legs out the side. Alternatively, aim for the middle seat at the very back - you should be staring straight down the aisle, meaning you can stick your legs down there without bothering anyone.

3) Take a proper pillow. That you can fold into a myriad of neck-supporting positions. Remember to also support your lower back somehow - either a blow-up neck pillow or a roll of clothing.

4) Plenty of music - for the deadly dull moments en route when you wake up but no-one else does.

5) Two words. Ear plugs. Another two words. Eye mask. And a light blanket.
Don't worry about luggage allowances - you're not having to cart your luggage any distance, and I can't imagine you'll actually have a luggage allowance, so load up on whatever you think will help make your journey more comfortable!!

6) Paracetomol for the aching muscles upon arrival. And a vat of coffee.

Good luck!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My advise - Take advantage of all toilet stops, Sit next to a midget (more space), Sit next to the window if you like to lean on something when sleeping, Take lots of music, a good book, lots of snacks and drinks, breath fresheners you can offer as sweets when required wink Don't sit near the toilet they smell to wards the end of the journey every time the door opened its gets very fragrant !

The journey is just about bearable in good company. The last time I did it we got a great view of a lunar eclipse as we were driving through France. I would prefer the snow train to a coach given the choice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nightmare, hated it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the tips! I think I shall follow Manda's first suggestion of getting suitably pissed before hand.

A couple of bottles of red wine seems to have the same effect as sleeping pills on me...

Atleast we have something good to look forward to on the way down! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy