Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a nervous skier who is off to Madonna soon. I have only skied greens before and wondered if anyone knew of an easy blue run to start out on when we arrive. I plan to have lessons but usually spend the first day trying to find my feet again rather than hold up a whole group. Any other advice you have for Madonna will be greatly recieved, Thanks Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's 2 nursery runs at Campo Carlo Magna which can be reached by the ski bus from Madonna, but these are extra to the normal lift pass. There is a nice blue from the top of the Pradalogo gondola, which has a drag lift, you can start on run 7 and then use run 11, however there are a couple of short steepish drops at the start from the gondola that can be a bit scary when trying to find your feet, however you can always walk down these. Another nice blue is the no 26 run from the top of the Spinale gondola. Don't worry that the ski map shows it starting as a red, it's definately a blue from the top. This is served by one of the old chair lifts which can be a bit vicious on the pick up or you can pick up a long blue run using run 22, then blue 24 which takes you to the bottom of the Groste gondola, or carry on on run 33 which takes you back to the bottom of the Spinale gondola.

Have fun in Madonna, I love it there and it's great for cruising the blue runs. What is handy is that at the start of each run it shows the average % drop of the run and the maximum % drop of the run so you can always judge which runs are more difficult.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No 17, Graffer from the top of the Groste then onto No 24, Pozza Vecia.
Fantastic long blue run all the way down into Madonna. If that is to long for you then try No 1, 5 Laghi. Its all through the trees and its a lovely run.
You should have a great time as its one of my favorite resorts and its a bit like Cortina. Plenty of people posing at night in fur coats!
http://www.funiviecampiglio.it/immagini/inverno/mappe/pl-groste.htm
http://www.funiviecampiglio.it/immagini/inverno/mappe/pl-5laghi.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you go on the lift behind the lift pass office, there are plenty of easy blues with nice run off areas. It is great to learn or find your feet although depending on how nervous you are, there is a tricky bit to get back down to the village at the end of the run!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Midnightblue,
Thanks for the advice on Whistler, my girlfriend is a lot happier now.
We were in Madonna last week and found it ideal for both myself and Jen as there were plenty of runs for both of us.
We were advised to start in the Pradalgo area and it has several blue runs that Jen was able to enjoy from the first day, 7 is a long blue but 12 is good fun and when you get your confidence up you can detour onto a short stretch of red 13 which will give you a buzz without frightening you (you can have a look at it first and if you dont fancy it can carry on along the blue).
As surfski, said the Groste area is great once you have got your ski legs although if you want to go all the way back to the base of the Gondola you do get a very short steeper piece just at the Gondola mid station and you have a couple of poling sections to get through.
We realy enjoyed Madonna apart from one bad lesson although if you find where the Apres ski is please let me know.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi, we are off to Pinzolo/Madonna in half term. We are mainly beginners and will want to get a few hours of private lessons. It sounds like beginners learn in campo carlo magna and this is separate from the normal ski pass. So should we not bother getting a ski pass for a while? If so, how long will we be happy at Campo? We have never skied before.. Also any one help with either private instructors or ski schools that offer private lessons

thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Steve S, who did you use for your lessons in Madonna?

Harry
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Midnightblue,
Hi
I ski in Maddona most weeks in the season (its on the same lift pass).
Don't worry about finding blues to ski, there are pleanty of em around. In fact the reasort is really well suited to learning to ski with miles and miles of easy blues linked together. Of course there are some "really" steep runs if you want em but but you'll have a brill time over there.

I wouldn't worry about trying to work out where you're going to ski prior to getting there. Have a word with your instructor to find out all the best places/runs for your ability level.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Wayne. I am taking a few beginners to Madonna in Feb half term. They will need lessons. As I will be with them and dont need lessons I dont really want to take them somewhere where I wont be able to ski, I ski blues and greens only.

If I take them to campo carlo magna is there anywhere there I can ski?

Also do you know if they are likely to remain there for a day, 2 days or longer, they are complete beginners?

I also need an instructor any ideas?

MArk
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy