Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys/Les Menuires/Reberty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Menuires on 16th Feb (thanks Adam Wilson - still 2 places left).

Can anyone recommend a ski hire shop in the Reberty area? Any to avoid, for that matter? My wife also wants a helmet - she wore one last year when accompanying a school trip, and found that it gave her more confidence - best to hire before we go, hire at shop or even buy?

I'm also thinking about buying our 3 Valleys passes online, but concerned that the vagaries of the postal system might mean that 2 1/2 weeks before is too late. I'm assuming that lots of snowHead have done this before, so how long do they take to arrive (posting to England)?

Hmm... more questions than I intended, but any advice appreciated. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Reberty 1850:
Sports 1850 were rubbish
Absolu Sport appeared much better
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richardt, with regards to the Helmet, I'd personally recommend looking around here and finding one your wife likes. Can then use that for all future trips.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, thanks - will steer clear of Sport 1850.

Boris, depends on cost, as one could make the same argument for skis & boots.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richardt, true. Mind you I'd also recommend buying your own boots, find something you like stick with them, over a few years the cost will even out.

If any of the Zookeepers are around, I'm sure they will argue why having your own boots are a good idea.

Back to helmets - I personally would really not want to wear a helmet which has had countless sweaty heads in it over the previous weeks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richardt, I bought our lift passes online last year and my parents bought theirs the year before and in both cases they turned up within a week... I think it has a guide time on the website - think it was something like up to 14 days it said last year, but ours turned up much quicker Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks vivski.

Boris, agreed on the helmets. Will see what my wife wants to do. She already has her own boots, as hired ones always hurt her feet.
I've always been happy with hired ones though - especially last Christmas when they had brand spanking new ones in the hire shop that were a perfect fit! No doubt I'll come unstuck at some point, but until then...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richardt, passes are meant to take up to 14 days by post but are usually under a week and avoids a huge amount of hassle IMO
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks skimottaret. Looks like the online option is the way forward.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Passes ordered. Excited now! Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy