Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet n Greet parking services at Manchester Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Prices range from £44 to £55, anybody got any experiences of these services ?
Cheaper than 2 x taxi or an airport hotel.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sarge, I use APH which is about 5 mins from the airport. Shuttle service every ten minutes and quick pick up on return. I have booked next month for 8 days £25.44. If you want your car under cover it is a bit more. I have used them about a dozen times and would recommend them. Very Happy

http://www.aph.com/parking/manchester_airport_parking.htm
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can get you the details of a parking service I use regularly at Manchester its about a mile from the airport and they drop off/pickup. The service is excellent Very Happy and all my family have used them for years, costs about £35 for the week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, I have an 05:00 checkin though, do they run the shuttles at "stupid o'clock" ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarge, 24/7
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sounds good. Cheers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used vacationcare 01625 527467 in the past. Very convenient but I don't think there's any guarantee of where they'll park your car and what happens if it gets damaged.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I never used them, I was always worried where the car would end up. I heard an urban myt that they were abandoned in a side street for the week or used as a general runaround for the company driver.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
meet and greet or meet and steal ?? !!! give you car keys to a complete stanger and hope they are legit...i feel a watchdog story coming on here !!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevev, backhojo, APH have secured sites with 24hr security and full liability insurance. They are not some guy who offers to mind your car for a fiver. rolling eyes

Have you also considered the risk in taking a taxi to the airport. Conversation as follows.

"Going away are we?" "Yes"

"When are you back?" "Two weeks"

Taxi driver then phones mate Billy the Burglar.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JP, and how do you know the guy you hand your keys to actually works for APH !!!! i think it would be an easy scam to operate...have you ever watched the "real hussle" ??

i prefer to park in a car park and lock the car myself and take the keys with me....i know nothing is certain in life but at least I know where the car is parked and i locked it and i have the keys !!

we live bloody miles from any airport so taxi is never and option !!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You normally drop off yopur car at APH yourself, or you did when we used it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sarge, i use this service 5 or 6 times a year and have never had any problems, they use a secure off site parking facility, i have checked my milage a couple of times and there has never been more than 5 miles or so extra on the clock, also used the same srvice at heathrow and no problems there either Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FWIW, I'd take a picture of your car before you leave it. Came back to Gatwick and when the car turned up, nice scratch on the side.

"Not us, Guv!"

Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
backhojo,
Quote:

JP, and how do you know the guy you hand your keys to actually works for APH

Because you drive into the carpark, go into the office, complete the paperwork and hand your keys to the man behind the desk in the APH uniform. This is a national company not someone with a bit of spare land. In fact it's just like taking the car to tha garage for a service. rolling eyes rolling eyes

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 29-01-08 9:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
backhojo, yes and no. I use valet parking a few times a year, Some (Purple Parking at LHR and Meteor at LGW) have been there some time and you see minibuses of dirvers turn up every 10 mins to whisk your cars away, and you know exactly where they are going to be. Others - including one I used after recommendations here, seem a little harder to be sure of and seem one man-and-his-dog operations with only mobiles to ring at weekends etc... There have been some interesting exposes of some of the cheaper end of the market.

mdemon2, good point - and I always do the same on picking up and dropping hire cars too.

JP, Helen Beaumont, this thread is about valet/meet n greet services - not ones where you go to the car park,

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 29-01-08 9:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
mdemon2,
Quote:

I'd take a picture of your car before you leave it. Came back to Gatwick and when the car turned up, nice scratch on the side.

"Not us, Guv!"

This happened to me at a Ford main dealer... so your point is? Puzzled
latest report
Anyway, to answer the question: parkandgo.co.uk
Very reasonable rates for meet & greet at Manchester, i.e just paid £25 for 4 days with collect and drop off at terminal. Used them in the summer, cost about £45 for a week. Well worth the little extra, especially if you have i) kids ; ii) ski luggage ; or iii) both.

Service excellent, no waiting and car returned back with original number plates and no damage ... both times !
ski holidays
I used MIA Secure Parking for a Manchester meet and greet, £38 for last week, excellent service. They warn you that you might have to pay a small charge to leave the car park on your return, but the chappie that brought our car had a pass that he used to swipe us out with.
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
backhojo, yes and no. I use valet parking a few times a year, Some (Purple Parking at LHR and Meteor at LGW) have been there some time and you see minibuses of dirvers turn up every 10 mins to whisk your cars away, and you know exactly where they are going to be. Others - including one I used after recommendations here, seem a little harder to be sure of and seem one man-and-his-dog operations with only mobiles to ring at weekends etc... There have been some interesting exposes of some of the cheaper end of the market.

mdemon2, good point - and I always do the same on picking up and dropping hire cars too.

JP, Helen Beaumont, this thread is about valet/meet n greet services - not ones where you go to the car park,

Yes, I know. I was pointing that out to JP rolling eyes
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Puzzled Puzzled

"You normally drop off yopur car at APH yourself, or you did when we used it. "

well you don't do this for a meet n greet service... Your post says the same as JPs effectively.

so rolling eyes to you too NehNeh
ski holidays
JP wrote:
mdemon2,
Quote:

I'd take a picture of your car before you leave it. Came back to Gatwick and when the car turned up, nice scratch on the side.

"Not us, Guv!"

This happened to me at a Ford main dealer... so your point is? Puzzled

Buy a VW. wink

(Or take the pictures so you can prove "they did it".)
snow conditions
This is straight from the horse's mouth.
Parking is competitive with some good companys and bad. Dont go for cheap and exspect a professional service it cant be done the cost of operating a meet and greet service is high with parking, insurance,and staff.
Your price of £44 to £55 is about right, £55 is on the high side.
What is important is how quick your car is returned and is it ok (no damage)
I have been doing meet and greet at manchester for the last 3 years and have my own company (www.professionalparkingservices.co.uk) and we have a few skiers use us and you are all wellcome to check us out.
I will be available to advise on any company you decide to use on park and ride and can recomend one or two.
snow report
parking boss, welcome to Snowheads ! If I was to ask you about parkandgo, what would your response be ?
snow report
park and go are a booking company, you have to pick out a car park
ski holidays
parking boss, ahh, I see, this one then: Manchester Meet And Greet, Manchester Road, Carrington, , M31 4AX. ta.
ski holidays
thier ok
Paul or Dave will meet you during the day.
when you book give my regards to them
Tony
snow conditions
parking boss, thanks for your reassuring reply.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No problem any one needs advise email me always get email not always on line have to work sometimes Very Happy
snow report
have never used one at manchester but used purple parking at LHR last year with no problems, it was certainly a stress free way of doing it rather than having to negotiate shuttle buses with 2 kids and the kitchen sink. I think when we go from manchester next year we will just book bewleys with parking and have an extrta nights holiday
latest report
easy solution to the kids and skis issue. drive to passenger drop off. deposit kids, skis, luggage and wife....drive to car park. park. get shuttle bus with no luggage to worry about/ meet wife and kids at check in. simple. cheap. effective...oh and yes i still get to keep my car keys and have the associated piece of mind...but hey, its a free country (i think ? !!) so we all make our own choices !!!
latest report
The main reason I went for the meet n greet was for the return journey. We had a two hour drive to look forward to and I wanted as little hassle as poss before it and as early a start to it as poss.
In the event, our return flight was delayed for over an hour, and we had to make an unscheduled stop at Ostend for more fuel. The pilot said something about weight/headwinds, I think he just wanted to fill up before crossing the channel to save some dosh, as we all do Very Happy
End result, our 19:30 arrival ended up being 22:00. As soon as I had retrieved my luggage I called the parking company and was informed that my car was waiting for me and that somebody would meet me with the keys.
It was lovely to drive out of the airport in my own car, past queues of our fellow passengers waiting, with piles of luggage and tired, irritable partners and/or children for the shuttle bus to arrive. Twisted Evil

I'll certainly do the same next time.
snow conditions
Hi

I've used www.airportparkingmarket.com for cheap parking at Manchester airport and have been happy with the deal.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy