Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is ski gear cheaper in resort or over here?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to buy a few bits and bobs including a helmet. Am i cheaper waiting until i get to resort or get it here first.

Going to claviere, so will have access to shops there and in montgenevre.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, I'd say gear was cheaper in UK, especially with the downturn in the Pound against the Euro. S & R guarantee to be the cheapest in Europe.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can get gear much cheaper on the internet than in resort, even UK shops are probably cheaper than in resorts I think (especially somewhere like TK Maxx if you can stand the chavs).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from VT and my mate paid €130 (£100) for the same helmet I paid £85 for in a shop over here. Last year it would have worked out about the same here or abroad but the exchange rate has bombed this year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have spent many a trip thinking 'oh, yes, will get something in resort' and then mentally going 'how much!' Shocked when I get there, so would agree with the others and get something before you go.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was quoted €300 for the a certain pair of (junior) skis in resort in Italy a few week ago. S+R list them at £200. A search on the web found a UK supplier for them at £155. The UK prices would be based on the €/£ rate of last summer.

Anyone looking to buy new skis next season may want to reconsider!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with RobW, with the current €/£ exchange rate, I would not be considering buying gear in resort this year, unless in a massive sale.

It's not always been the case though! In the past I have usually found clothing to be cheaper here, but hardware to be cheaper there, up until a year or two ago. 'There' for me is Austria though, not sure how it compares with other areas of Euroland.

D
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
See if the shops in resort have a website and check out their prices that way, or send them an e-mail requesting prices. Then go to www.pricerunner.co.uk here and that site will find you the cheapest in Britain. That should give you a fair idea of where to buy from.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think in general resorts are more expensive although yesterday got Head Edge boots in La Molina and negotiated down from €275 to €180. From what I have seen boots don't change much in price around Europe. But when I look at prices for clothes in ski resorts I think they are having a laugh compared to Ireland, especially if there is a sale on here although maybe it's because they only stock expensive brands!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy