Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
You're the editor/producer/writer/whatever of Ski Sunday

So stop your moaning and tell me what content you would put in.

One condition - it is a magazine programme. Oh and you can't slag off the existing programme.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd appoint el hen as editor and leave her to it. Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I'd be one of the presenters. Razz wink snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get Jeremy Clarkson to present it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, superb idea!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold wrote:

That would definitely put me off watching it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool Women's snow volleyball Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going against the Snowheads trend, I actually like this year's format. If I was to change one thing, I'd look for a third presenter, maybe a woman to break it up a bit more.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What has the walking up mountains in the summer got to do with skiing? & stop doing the coming up next previews and here's what we did earlier re-caps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If I was the producer of Ski Sunday it would have ski racing - downhills, slalom, GS, Super G, mens and womens and some boarding (particularly boardercross) to keep the bedreadlocked factions happy. In fact it would probably be exactly like Ski Sunday from 10 or 15 years ago!

I would be quite happy to watch a travel programme about mountain ranges in the summer, even with hoodie wearing presenters trying to be cool on the Tokyo subway - but this would be a travel show NOT Ski Sunday!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold wrote:

I'm told he is quite a good skier. Anyone seen him skiing in Courchevel or Verbier Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd have a section on 'on the slopes snacks' the helicopter could fly me out to the required destination and I could prepare the snack in an appropriate environment and announce 'if I can do this here, you should all be able to do this in your kitchens'!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A ski/snowboard group test every episode (i.e. freestyle skis, carving skis, all-mountin etc)
Some features on boots, bindings, clothing etc.
A resort review every episode going into detail on how many km of runs there are, how much a lift pass costs, what the après-ski is like etc.
Highlights of any downhill / super-g races
Highlights of any big freestyle events
The celeb slalom bit is ok
Fit in some hot snowboader bunnies somewhere
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd choose Jeremy Paxman over Jeremy Clarkson any day. A much more intelligent, probing presenter.

Perhaps he could do a special on thermal underpants for exteme sub-zero conditions
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow reports
latest report
Very Happy equipment reviews / tests.
Very Happy resort guides ( a bit like what C4 do now), but not necessarily from the resort featuring the race
Very Happy an interview with admin
Very Happy a feature on avalanch safety / equipment / dangers
snow conditions
flashk5, Trenmold, RTFQ
snow conditions
I'd like to see a regular skier (be it competition winner, celebrity or me Very Happy ) tackle the courses used for the racing and compare times against the pros. I know this might not be possible with the courses in full race trim, but having RTFQ I'd like to see it none the less.
latest report
The thread in the apres zone seemed mainly positive about it.

An interview with the Austrian Instructors Calendar team Toofy Grin
latest report
I think its fine as it is
snow report
An insight into different forms of winter sliding sports - XC, Telemark, off piste, touring, kite surfing, then perhaps the enterteinment sliding sports - bobsleigh, speed skating, ski-joring etc.

Resort reviews with former skiing heroes - Tomba, Reid, Klammer to get an insight into the "then and now" of race courses. masmith, good idea. I skied the bottom half of the Morzine course after Martin Bell's 6th place, scared myself witless and found stopping in the arena almost impossible. Shocked

"Readers wives" article "Top Pistes" featuring one of us each week showing off our favourite runs and the resort they are in, at BBC expense of course snowHead
snow conditions
Resort Reviews featuring a resort from France, Austria, Swtizerland, Pyrenees, Italy and the rockies every week. Showing some of the pistes and views etc I'd spend a good 15mins on this section

Cut the crap in Japan and Russia.

Showing some famous off piste and pistes from around the world. Could link that in with resort review section.

Some Skiier Cross action.

More tips on how to improve your skiing. Im liking linking this in with the celebrity bit as they have done.

Keep the summer bits, I personally like that.
snow report
Quote:
Some Skiier Cross action.

seconded.
snow report
Chalky wrote:
Going against the Snowheads trend, I actually like this year's format. If I was to change one thing, I'd look for a third presenter, maybe a woman to break it up a bit more.

Chemmy Alcott reporting from the hot tub with a different guest each week. (e.g. Julia Mancuso)
ski holidays
DB wrote:
Chalky wrote:

Chemmy Alcott reporting from the hot tub with a different guest each week. (e.g. Julia Mancuso)

Or maybe introduce other great sporting figures into the skiing/hottub arena. (e.g. Maria Sharapova) ?
latest report
Someone (celebs perhaps) learning to ski & board, showing highlights of a lesson a week with tips & explanations of them

Reviews of resorts, with a few shots of what the place looks like in summer too - same shot, different season.

I like the idea of equipment reviews, but for all levels of skier/boarder please, not just the experts.

An expert taking a short section of the racing and commentating it in slow motion, highlighting things for the uniniitiated to look for
snow report
I like the idea of chemmy Alcott and Sharapova in a hot tub.

I dont like the sound of an equipment section.

Lessons on how to do jumps.
snow report
Freeride comps and skier/boarder-x - the non-jibby competitive stuff that you see less of on satellite, a bit of TGR/Warren Miller type stuff and the old racing coverage, and the moon on a stick. Oh, resort apres reviews by Bode Miller might be a nice touch too.

Top Gear took a dull consumer-focused 30 minuites filled with ford mondeos and filled it full of insane supercars and dangerous stupidity. Ski Sunday has taken the best and fastest skiers in the world defying reason and replaced it with 2nd rate travel reportage and 5 minutes of a fat chef snowploughing down a training course. I just can't see what in that would appeal to non skiers.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, masmith, rolling eyes and Christopher

Quote:

I'm told he is quite a good skier.

I caught a re-run on channel "Dave" a couple of days ago of a motor show he did must of been mid 80's in which he was in Zermatt bemoaning how the Swiss had declared war on the car etc etc. He was skiing on what looked like 205's, in his jeans - tucked into his boots, with a purple/pink and white Nevica pullover jacket - kagool style and white lips from his lip cream.

He looked a right . . . . . . ( insert your own thought!)

His skiing was pretty good and I suppose it was the look then, I'll always remember my canary yellow Nevica jacket Shocked
snow report
But even with Chemmy Alcott, Julia Mancuso & Maria Sharapova in a hot tub something would still be missing. Confused

Of course that's it ............... Snowhead T-shirts. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
How about some dos on donts for going off piste...
latest report
An avalanche safety section.

A look at piste conditions/snow reports.

Equipment reviews.
latest report
Very Happy A feature on ski gadgets, i.e. walkie talkies, helmet cams, GPS ... etc.
snow report
Quote:

But even with Chemmy Alcott, Julia Mancuso & Maria Sharapova in a hot tub something would still be missing.

Of course that's it ............... Snowhead T-shirts.

No... I think I'd prefer that feature without the tshirts. Without ANY tshirts.
snow report
robcraine wrote:
Quote:

But even with Chemmy Alcott, Julia Mancuso & Maria Sharapova in a hot tub something would still be missing.

Of course that's it ............... Snowhead T-shirts.

No... I think I'd prefer that feature without the tshirts. Without ANY tshirts.

better to stick to the hats only, the T-shirts would be overdoing it.

ski holidays
What about a review of the best lap dance bars in Borovets? Twisted Evil

Which is the best table to dance on in Dick's Tea bar?

How to get out of Geneva airport on the French side or more importantly get back in again, without buying a vignette. Toofy Grin

When to close the chair lift safety bar. Sad
snow report
Admit channel 4 has most of it covered and show different races but still get some of Grahams helmet cam in. Tips for all levels beginner to expert maybe even properly reviewing the ski schools in different resorts, new equipment, reviews of resorts people are actually thinking of visiting, getting the most for kids, apres ski, extreme stuff. The kitzbuhl downhill footage was exactly the same as channel4 with the same commentary if i'm not mistaken...that has to be a waste. I like anything with snow in but my wife is a 3rd week skier and wants something to catch her interest. The 3 minute segment on top gear arctic show when they tried out on skis was genuinely funny, that wouldn't go amiss.
snow conditions
I'd change the time it aired so that I can watch it, it wants putting on about 20:30 on a Saturday
ski holidays
(1) Teach a Celebrity snowHead
(2) A day in the Life of Kelly Vanderbeek

Other than that it's fine as it is.
latest report
I'd get rid of a certain mr Bell and replace with a less irritating model.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy