Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lone Skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, so I have put out many posts about different things but not really got the answers I need so I shall go for one long post!

I will be coming back to the UK after being away with work for most the winter and want to go skiing. I am an intermediate skier (just started carving) and am looking to travel somewhere on a cheap budget (although I have money I wanna do it cheap) which will still be decent to ski at the end of march.

I have looked up flights to Grenoble and they are really cheap for an arrival on the 26th Mar. This doesn't mean that I will deffo book there though depending on the feedback I get from this. I don't mind where I go as long as the snow and skiing is good!

I am looking at somewhere with cheap accommodation and transfers. The rest I can pay for full price, ski hire etc.

Has anyone done this before???

Thankyou in advance,

Rob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robert_dorling, Les Deux Alpes is your best bet. Transfers are about 20 Euros return (Airport to Bus Station to Resort and return). Plenty of reasonably priced hotels, Les Lutins is good and takes bookings other than Saturday to Saturday. That is Easter week though so you may find it more difficult. If there are other snowheads around easiski usually makes sure everyone gets together. I went on my own in January last year and had a great time. I'll be there from 29th but with my daughter, may see you there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robert_dorling, depends what you define as cheap? What's your topline for the flight, transfer and accomodation?
Which airport are you looking at flying out of?
IMHO you would be better looking at Hotel or Chalet accomodation for half/chalet board as eating out will be pricey in France. What would you prefer?
The 26th is in the middle of the week that starts with Easter Monday so you may be better looking at going the following weekend - 29th 30th.
As long as you stay high the snow and skiing should be good. Where have you skiied so far?

Give us a bit more info and we'll do our best to help.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surely France is not the best place to start for a cheap holiday Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robert_dorling, I would look for a late package deal, it may work out cheaper even if you have to pay under occupancy. As for cost once you get there in Europe in general I would say France is the most expensive followed by Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Andorra ,Bulgaria. I know that the cost of living changes from resort to resort, but the list is based on my holidays or research on resorts I thought about going to.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Serre Chevalier is a possibility - near Turin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy