Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US snowboarder recounts impressive survival ordeal after big wipe-out

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oscar Gonzales, a 24-year-old snowboarder from Los Angeles County, has survived a major wipe-out and nasty back wound by trudging through the snow for shelter during a freezing night at 'Mountain High', a local resort.

He spent the night in freezing wet boots under vegetation, and then found an abandoned aircraft, eventually to be discovered by helicoptered rescuers.

This report from Los Angeles Times.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brave fella, I struggle with the reasoning though that black shirt would be more visible that a tan and white jacket?

In fact from a safety perspective I'm surprised that there isn't an edict that all snow and mountain/extremem pursuits wear should be made in bright colours, orange, yellows, reds. All these blacks, blues, greys, browns etc. surely can't help the mountain rescue when folks need them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, I saw a tiny child on the slopes last week, dressed completely in white, including a white helmet. Insanely unsafe.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
... but very effective in protecting your child from deadly Alpine predators. A child in camouflage is a safe child, when exploring the snow slopes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I came off a roler in Austria this year at speed and airborne only to see a guy dreessed all in white a few feet over the lip only noticed him because of the black ski poles! All white is ok for the army but for rec skiers Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ordhan, So what you are saying is you hadn't checked the slopes below you before jumping recklessly over a blind ridge? wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ordhan, You weren't the idiot who came past me about 3-4 yards away at head height in Zell am Ziller a few weeks ago were you?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney,

I think Ordhan might be thinking " If you're the idiot that was dressed in white then yes!" Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, I wasn't - I had my blue jacket on that day, with dark grey salopettes.

But if he flies off rollers without looking first, he's not likely to only do it once Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney,

I hope I am right (if not he is indeed an idiot..) but I think he/she meant that he had looked but not seen because the guy was all in white..Wondering now... Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, that was my reading of it, only noticed the guy was there at the last minute becasue of the black poles and would not have jumped otherwise Little Angel

I was taken out by a low flying border on my first run in Morzine last week in similar circumstances, but I was not wearing all white, she was a babe, and I was understanding Laughing so much for staying in my 'corridor' at the edge of the piste Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops,

"Babes" hey... rolling eyes ..they get away with so much! wink

On my last trip , I was struggling along a flat fairly narrow link between two runs, focussing very hard on making small carving turns to avoid the usual painful stack, when this boarder over took me, passing very close...I was not impressed and was about to make some rude comment but on looking at said boarder..well...it was indeed a (very) attractive babe looking back at me and giving a beautiful smile...and stangely enough no words came out of my mouth... Embarassed wink
I did manage to smile back though! Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy