Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Romantic spa wife-friendly hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions? Looking for a hotel with pool, spa, massage-sort-of-stuff, with skiing nearby. Cheeky w/end with the mrs, you get the drift. Willing to splash-out, within reason(!) But don't want to go mad. Easy transfer would be a definite plus.

Any personal recommendations? Country not important (but assume alpine), nor is ultra-reliable snow or size of ski area.

Thanks in advance snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the ice perv, this place looked nice when I was looking as it's up the mountain from Selva.

http://www.colraiser.com/eng/index.htm

I'd imagine the transfer would be an issue though unless you fly to Bolzano or possibly Innsbruck. They were prompt at replying with availability when I enquired but I have no experience of staying there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try this in saalbach, next to where my apartment was last yeat and look really nice

or you could try sport hotel hermitage in soldeau andorra

http://www.hotel-sonne.at/eng/tvid_wellnessurlaub_saalbach_hinterglemm_2Rm/content.standard.php
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
the ice perv, this is where I'd go for a romantic cheeky w/end with the mr if he was prepared to splash out a bit. It's got its own bar and club for a spot of romantic dancing. Transfer from Innsbruck - 1 hour. Ischgl's gorgeous Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed with Freedom Ski in their new spanking good 5* chalet in Morzine- they do short breaks. AMAZINGLY good chalet & staff, the usual hot tub and sauna, but also beauty therapist around to do all the treatments you could want! Skiing aint bad neither- and some good shops etc in the town, only 1hr from Geneva.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is one I've always fancied trying (but haven't yet)

http://www.lindner.de/en/MB/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunstar Park in Davos has pool, spa etc. Excellent food too.

Germania in Bad Hofgastein has pool, jacuzzi and sauna.
There is also the huge pool and sauna complex nearby in the town centre. More naked foreigners than you could shake a stick at.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent work, keep those recommendations coming please! Smile
ski holidays
 brian
brian
the ice perv, concur with eng_ch on Leukerbad. The setting is absolutely stunning, swimming/spa-ing outside in water from hot springs surrounded by a wall of mountains.

It's about 2 hours drive from Geneva, or just over 3 hours by train+post bus from the airport station.

http://www.leukerbad.ch

We're going there for Sun/Mon at the end of Feb half term (kids don't go back to school till Tuesday, extra skiing, yipee Very Happy ).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chamonix - http://www.hameaualbert.fr/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Honeymooned at the Best Western Premier Kaiserhof in Kitzbuhel last March and it was great. Lovely on site spa, and treatments bookable. Also nice indoor pool and for skiing it was spitting distance to the main gondola up the mountain.

And there is good shopping in Kitzbuhel for the ladies Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the ice perv wrote:
Any suggestions? Looking for a hotel with pool, spa, massage-sort-of-stuff, with skiing nearby. Cheeky w/end with the mrs, you get the drift. Willing to splash-out, within reason(!) But don't want to go mad. Easy transfer would be a definite plus.

http://www.kempinski-stmoritz.com/en/home/index.htm

Fly to Zurich. Beautiful train ride (an experience in itself) to St Moritz.

Skiing within walking distance of the hotel. Fantastic spa for Mrs Perv.

World class shopping/eating/clubbing.

And a decent step up from a "Best Western" which will probably rank wife-point wise on a par with taking her to a Harvester for valentines.....!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Unfortunately, my wife is a non-skier but loves holidays. Whenever she comes 'skiing' with me, we have to go somewhere where there is plenty for her to do while I hurl myself down the slopes.

This year we are going to Zermatt, the time before that we went to Megeve and visited this place http://www.fermesdemarie.com/uk/.

We have also been to Cortina d'Ampezzo in the Dolomites and if you are feeling generous treat yourselves to this: http://www.dolomiti.org/dengl/Cortina/co/alberghi/cristallo/welcome.html The wife said it was 'fabulous'.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 30-01-08 22:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
icicle, Megeve Zermatt and Cortina would all certainly fit the bill for ladies who want to stroll about the town in their finery, have tea and cakes, look at trinket shops.

As to 'Best Western' hotels, I would not get too snobby about a brand name. Big chains cover a multitude of establishments.

I have stayed in Kitzbuhel though not in the Best Western. I notice in tripadvisor.com it gets the number 1 slot out of 52 for that particular resort.

True, you could go to Badrutts or one of the other five star places in St Moritz but it will cost you more and other options may fit the bill.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Latchigo, I have to admit that I was dubious about it being a brand name, however it was top class, and fuklly deserves it's no1 rating. It seems that is is linked to a leading Vienna hotel (same owners I think) so they have transferred the quality to Kitbuhel.

Just a point for the ice perv, remember that in Austria the tradition in spa areas is nude! I'm sure you knew that but it could be a shock to the Mrs if she didn't!!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Best Western aren't a chain like Hilton or Marriot, it's an association of independently owned and run hotels, so the quality is obviously much more variable.
latest report
Yes yes this is all good stuff! Thank you thank you! Keep it going snowHead snowHead
snow report
Latchigo,
Quote:

tripadvisor.com it gets the number 1 slot out of 52

Anyone can post a review in that site and it is not unknown for Hotels to post glowing reviews of themselves as well as dis-gruntled staff posting dreadful reviews, needless to say that site is viewed as a bit of a joke in the travel industry Confused
ski holidays
boredsurfin, is there a better one for us to look at?
latest report
We had a great week at the Tirolerhof in Zell am See, lovely spa with a range of treatments on offer and great food. Zell is also lovely right by the frozen lake.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, True anyone can post a review on tripadvisor, just as anyone can post an opinion on Snowheads.

In the end, you just have to make your own mind up on the available evidence.
snow conditions
i went to grau roiche near pas de la cassa for our first holiday, it has a beauty and relax spa within the hotel. Ski in Ski out, totally isolated after pistes close. very nice, but i didn't like the food.
snow report
Pick the appropriate resort from here and get yourself in a 5* hotel. Bear in mind you'll struggle to get a weekend only in most places this side of late March.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A bit further away but I liked http://www.seasonsinstyle.com/Luxury_Skiing/Ski_Canada/The_Fairmont_Banff_Springs/

when I went in as a visitor to the Spa
ski holidays
Well, the Bad in Bad Gastein or Bad Hofgastein means 'Bath' so you can't go wrong really. The Gastein valley is one of the spa capitals of the Alps.

The valley gets 20,000 litres of geothermal water out of the ground each day. Most of the big hotels in Bad Gastein have the thermal water piped to the rooms and nearly all of them have their own spas. When you include the big public spas in too, there's more than enough to keep you entertained.

My recommendation would be the Salzburgerhof Hotel. As central as it gets, easy access to everything and very nice:

www.salzburgerhof.com

Cheers
latest report
Thanks folks. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy