Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espectacular accident in Spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

This ski resort is Vallter 2000, in Girona, Catalonian Pirinean
Accidente en Vallter 2000
Comunicado de Vallter 2000 tras el accidente del pasado día 19
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can anyone translate it, It seems to be two different people, one in red jacket and black trousers the other in grey sallopets ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup. But same chair number.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, yep, Strange Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you chuck the top link into Google translate it says...
On Saturday 19, an accident occurred in one of the chairlifts to the ski resort Vallter 2000.

As reflected these images, two people, a girl and a boy fell from a chair. After being over a minute and a half hanged, the girl fell and crashed into a car parked below the lift; forty-five seconds after the child fell, fortunately, was picked up by a group of skiers.

By failing to deliver on this incident reported by the ski resort, as do other when some mishap occurs at this time we do not know what the state of these two individuals, but it is assumed that there will be no last beyond fright.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It looks like the mother/sister has slipped off the chair and the boy has been trying to hold her up and been pulled off himself as the other fell. My spanish isn't much better than that. Can anyone do better?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My english is very bad, but I can see that...

They're two persons, one woman and one boy of three years.
Don't know the causes wich they go down, but the people say that the mother go to his son because it make a strange movement, but unfortunately she fell, and next, the little boy be sacred and go down. First he was grasped to bar along two-three minuts.

Automatic translation by Google:
http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=es&langpair=es%7Cen&u=http://www.nevasport.com/noticias/d/13779/accidente-en-vallter-2000
http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=es&langpair=es%7Cen&u=http://www.nevasport.com/noticias/d/13799/comunicado-de-vallter-2000-tras-el-accidente-del-pasado-dia-19
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow looks pretty crap
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, I know I shouldn't but, he he.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On Saturday, January 19, at 1340 hours, there was an accident on the two-seater chair lift our season. Two customers of the station, Anna Pano and his son Pol (3 years) approached the station of the chairlift (2.235m) to start the back and fall into the lower parking located in the lower level of the station (1,980 m. ) where they had parked their car.

The maneuver was successful, with the help of the driver of the lift station commented higher and was the same which dropped anchor security that protects users. When the chair and leaving the platform exit, the driver noticed any strange movement of customers who had helped raise.

At the same time, the driver made an emergency stop of the facility. But in these brief moments chair already had shifted about 4 metres from the platform exit why what remained suspended at a height of 5 m above a parking directly beneath the path.

It is difficult to understand how the maneuver was done to our customers and made them slip by the chair to remain suspended in the air, as demonstrated by some pictures. We think that was due to some instinctive movement to protect the mother towards her child and that there was an error in this with the consequences of slide of the chair below the bar security.

The reaction of other customers
Being a Saturday at noon, when the station was at peak performance, skiers who saw live events reacted an exemplary manner. In the few minutes that lasted 2 this incident, there was time for a group of skiers along with the employees of the station (pisters rescuers, etc.) bajasen scarce 15 metres far the terrace of the bar with the first pilona output of telesilla and should place just below the chair rugged, absorbing, first the fall of the mother and avoiding the fall of his son.

The reaction of the station
The two injured were quickly handled by the staff of the station and transferred to medical facilities close to the scene of the accident. In the three days that have passed since the accident address Vallter 2000 has been in permanent contact with the customers that fortunately the damage proved relatively little serious, despite the circumstances.

Accident unprecedented
Since the direction of the station we recall that in the 32 years since the station opened leads, never before had an accident like the one that occurred on 19. Insist that our facilities also passed the relevant safety inspections cable transport, which are conducted under the supervision of the Directorate-General for Transport, "and that it is obvious how have passed without any problems.

Recognition
We want to express our deepest sympathy to the family formed by Anna, Albert and his son Pol and we hope that his recovery will allow them to quickly return to our station.

And finally, we want to make a public recognition of skiers who approached the chair hilly in an instinctive reaction that deserves our sincere appreciation for the assistance provided.

(Vallter, Dept. Comunicació i Premsa, 23/01/2008, 11:55 h.) (Vallter, Dept.. Comunicació i Press, 23/01/2008, 11:55 pm)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dirty.hands, No, you shouldn't. Let's hope neither were badly hurt eh?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dwarf Vader wrote:
can anyone translate it, It seems to be two different people, one in red jacket and black trousers the other in grey sallopets ?

In the first photo, there is one person still on the chair (lying across it I think), presumably trying to hold up the one who is hanging. You can just see them through the gaps betwen the seat cushions.

In the second photo, the first one has fallen, and now the one who was on the chair is hanging from it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like parent fell first and child decided to follow (instinct?).

Had an experience like this while teaching skiing many moons ago. Kid half-fell from chair, liftie stopped chair, 15 foot drop below. Kid was hanging by jacket and another kid was trying to hold him. Muggins positioned under the kid til his mate and jacket all let go. Muggins flattened by 8 stone kid (I was thinking rugby ball!). With today's obesity issues I'd have been killed but we were all OK and continued with our day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy