Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Lanchettes Vanoise In France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I need some advise on this resort, me and my husband & 2 kids (7 years old and 3 years old) book a holiday next month 16 Feb, when we booked it which shown 3 star, but now is 2 star, is anyone been there before? what it like, is it very cold inside, as I see the photos on the website only have a tiny heater on the bedroom, me and my son don't like cold at all, we never been France before in winter time, me and my husband only just learn to skii, my daughter much more in advance then us, anything around there that will be interest to see or visit? do you think that period will be very busy or extremely busy, sorry such a pain! Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TS, welcome to snowheads. I wouldn't worry *too* much about the star rating, quite often it is as much about facilities as anything - last week we stayed in an extremely comfortable 2* hotel, but it had no sauna so was not allowed to claim that third star. I'm not familiar with the specific hotel you mention - and I presum it is a hotel rather than an entire resort, but I guess that it's somewhere close to the Vanoise National Park in the Tarentaise, i.e. close to Les Arcs and La Plagne? If you can provide a link to the hotel online or evenjust let us know the actual name of the hotel and the tour op (if you used one) then maybe someone might have more specific information. A quick search on google suggests that you may be going to Peisey-Nancroix, several snowheads are based in thatarea and might have more to add...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt wrote:
TS, welcome to snowheads. I wouldn't worry *too* much about the star rating, quite often it is as much about facilities as anything - last week we stayed in an extremely comfortable 2* hotel, but it had no sauna so was not allowed to claim that third star. I'm not familiar with the specific hotel you mention - and I presum it is a hotel rather than an entire resort, but I guess that it's somewhere close to the Vanoise National Park in the Tarentaise, i.e. close to Les Arcs and La Plagne? If you can provide a link to the hotel online or evenjust let us know the actual name of the hotel and the tour op (if you used one) then maybe someone might have more specific information. A quick search on google suggests that you may be going to Peisey-Nancroix, several snowheads are based in thatarea and might have more to add...
Hi,
Here is the link I booked it on-line throught http://www.eurorelais.org/presentation.php?housecode=FR-73210-44, the name of the place we are staying is Les Lanchettes Vanoise, I hope anyone can help, thanks nbt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, so you are in Peisey Nancroix which is a nice place I hear. There's plenty of skiing - Les Arcs on it's own offers enough to keep upi busy for a season, but on the other side of the valley there's also La Plagne. If you fancy a day off you could pop down into Bourg St Maurice, which is a lovely little town. I@d imagine that in mid feb the slopes won;t be deserted (I've only ever skiis Les Arcs in early Jan or late april when I've had the slopes more or less to myself) but I don't know *how* busy it will be

You could also ask over on mysnowsports.com as they are based in BS<

http://mysnowsports.com/main_cpg/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TS, welcome to snowHead

from the description and pictures it sounds as if you are a bit out of the main village - which will mean catching the navette bus to the lifts into the main Les Arcs domain. Having said that, I've caught that bus only a couple of weeks ago, and there's plenty of room and comfort.

Peisey Nancroix is more a working village than a "ski destination", and people generally choose to stay there if they don't want the 'lively' evenings of the mega resorts. Which should be fine for you and the children!

Again going only by your description and website, it would appear to be a self-contained unit amongst a group of buildings they call chalets - possibly with central facilities? Slightly different to the ususal idea of a ski 'chalet', which tends to be made up of rooms for multiple individuals who learn to like each other through the course of their holiday...
Looks as if you will be able to make it cosy, but IMHO it wouldn't hurt to take a few extra jumpers for the first couple of days...

Let us know how you get on.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy