Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800 Luggage Stash

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are off to Les Arcs 1800 on the Eurostar on 4th Feb, so are keen to get our full 8 days skiing in.

The only catch is we need to stash our stuff on the arrival/departure days as we can't use our accomodation. Does anyone know if there are any facilities for this in the village?

I know there is a left luggage in Maison de Tignes that offers this, just wondered if there is anything similar in Les Arcs 1800.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, mhammond snowHead

I've never been to Les Arcs but there many around here who have and should be able to help...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers,

I've actually been to Les Arcs a few years ago, but obviously paid no attention to luggage storage at the time as had no need for it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mhammond, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead

There's a place at the bottom station of the funicular if the worse comes to the worse, English-run, that does storage. Lots of people who arrive on the snowtrain leave their stuff there - a pain though to have to come back and get it. I doubt there's anywhere else at 1800.

Still it's only a 7 minute trip down on the funicular to get it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mhammond, where are you staying?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info and welcomes. I thought there may be somewhere at Bourg...

We are staying here: http://www.myfrenchchalet.com/. There are 5 of us and the whole trip inc first class Eurostar is about 400 each which seems excellent to me.

Roll on feb! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mhammond, I know this might sound obvious, but have you tried asking your tour operator whether there is anywhere at your accommodation, even though you can't check in to your apartment. Most of the places I've stayed have had somewhere to leave luggage. I would have thought they would be your best bet.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mhammond, there is a left luggage office at BSM station. Hope this is helpful.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David@traxvax wrote:
mhammond, there is a left luggage office at BSM station. Hope this is helpful.
Are you sure? I was told that it had been closed two years back (terrorist threat etc)... Mind you, it was Rosie of the Funicular ski shop/storage place (Polair Star) that told me!

One point though, it's a fair walk with gear from the funicular bottom station to BSM SNCF and back. If you find nowhere at 1800 itself, the funicular shop is definitely the best bet.

Polair Star
725 av Arc en Ciel
Parking du Funiculaire Tel. 0033 (0)4 79 04 12 45
That number won't answer at the moment, only from the start of the season, so in the meantime email them - I'll PM the emails to you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went to Arc 1800 in March and there was a place in the main centre. We stored our luggage there on our last day for a small fee. I remember it was in a basement area beneath a restaurant. Can't remember what it's called though, but any reps in resort should know as judging by the queue everyone knew about it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to snowHeads conor, snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, welcome snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The place at the bottom of the funicular is called Polair Star and their telephone number is 04 79 04 12 45

Meg Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Meg, you must read the middle as well as the top of the threads! Very Happy Wink snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sad More haste less speed I think they used to say at school!!!
latest report
Anyone know how to get from the top of the funicular to Arc 1800 (not skiing)?
latest report
Regular shuttle....
snow report
Funicular only gives access to 1600. You would need a taxi to take you up the road to 1800 or you may be able to catch a bus that has come up from the valley.
In most resorts and accomodation you usually cannot use the accomodation when you arrive on the train in the morning and have to leave the room on the last morning, but I have never known anywhere that doesn't have somewhere to dump luggage (and usually has a bathroom which is cleaned last so people skiing on the last day can all use it at when they return from skiing for a quick shower and change).
Are you really sure you can't dump luggage. It is the normal thing.

All SNCF stations' left luggage has been closed for many years for fear of people leaving bombs in them.
snow conditions
Sorry, maybe I wasn't explicit enough above - there is a free shuttle running between 1600/1800/1950/2000, ie you can catch this from the funicular top station.
snow report
Oh, right, it's many years since I stayed there (1950 didn't exist and 2000 was one big, brand new building). I don't remember the shuttle existing then, but it makes sense to have it.
latest report
mhammond, where in 1800 are you staying? I know your accommodation agent has apartments in the Alpage du Chantel development which is just above the main part of the 1800 village. Last season there was a small resort shuttle which ran from the main bus stop in 1800 up to Alpage du Chantel. I'm not sure if this shuttle is running this season (PG, any idea?) but without it it's either a short steepish walk up the piste or a longer gentle walk up the winding road, neither of which I'd like to do with lots of luggage.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy