Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toll charges from Calais to Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Driving to Tignes tomorrow for the first time. Going down to Dijon, Moutiers, BSM etc. Any ideas on how much the toll charges are likely to be or if it takes much longer if we don't use those roads?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kojak, around 60 euros each way, and yes it wil take longer if you avoid them
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't remember what the cost is, not a ridiculous amount, but that's not much help. Someone will be along soon who knows it to the last Euro.

It will take a lot longer if you avoid toll roads. There is little of the m'way between Calais and Tignes which is toll free, and although there may be the odd stretch of free m'way standard N road, most of it will be much slower than the m'way (depending on how fast you drive on the m'way, of course).

I'm surprised that the quickest route from Kazakhstan to Tignes is via Calais, but you know best.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK. Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry Helen Beaumont, you came along with figure even faster than I'd expected.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kojak wrote:
Driving to Tignes tomorrow for the first time. Going down to Dijon, Moutiers, BSM etc. Any ideas on how much the toll charges are likely to be or if it takes much longer if we don't use those roads?

If you use the viamichelin.com site their directions are usually very good and show all the cameras as well as telling you how much your toll charges will be.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kojak, go to www.autoroutes.fr enter destination and departures, it'll give you an exact figure €72.60.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Via Annecy will save you some money and it's a good drive in the daytime.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For what its worth, our return trip last Xmas (06) worked out at £109.13

Yes - I did keep all the receipts and check off againt CC bill rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, Just as well you haven't got one of those silly telepeage things, each one of our trips seemes to get charged over the next 3 cc statemets rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For comparison here's my breakdown of fuel and tolls for 5 adults in a 2.1m high people carrier with luggage trailer in a trip to Val d'Isere in 2007. Totals about £330 fuel+oil+tolls.

Full tank at Sutton Valence 9-Mar-07 to full tank at 18-Mar-07 via Val d'Isere.

Marquion Fuel 00:26 10-Mar 53.43 €
Calais->Reims* Toll 01:30 10-Mar 18.60 €
Perrogne Fuel 04:19 10-Mar 51.28 €
Taissy->Elcise Toll 07:16 10-Mar 40.00 €
Ugine Fuel 08:37 10-Mar 44.42 €
Sainte Helene->Chignin Toll 14:45 17-Mar 4.70 €
Puteaux Fuel 17:03 17-Mar 44.70 €
Amberieu->Bersaillin Toll 17:47 17-Mar 8.40 €
Pont Fuel 09:57 18-Mar 24.62 €
Pont Oil 09:58 18-Mar 14.85 €
Sommesous Fuel 12:36 18-Mar 35.91 €
Bersaillin->Reims* Toll 13:00 18-Mar 26.90 €
Marquion Fuel 15:18 18-Mar 33.61 €
Reims->Calais* Toll 16:00 18-Mar 18.60 €
Sutton Valence Fuel 21:45 18-Mar £45.38
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dont even think of avoiding tolls! Unless you prefer driving to Skiing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris wrote:
For what its worth, our return trip last Xmas (06) worked out at £109.13

That's a fine pair of legs you've got there 'cos you must've cycled there and back for that money.

2,000 Km, give a gnat's bolluck Calais-Tignes-Calais for £110 = 81mpg

Summat a bit queer with your munbers wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, should have made it clear - that's the toll charges only Embarassed

Have got the costs for fuel somewhere - weren't terrible as VW Sharan returned healthy 40MPG+

My coffee and snack consumption was somewhat pricy though wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy