Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Beginner Leasons - English

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads, Any recommendations for group ski lessons for adult English speaking beginners or near beginner skiers?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Total beginners? Verbier is not your best choice.
The problem is that the total beginners area is seperate from the rest. makes it difficult to meet up with your pals at lunch etc if you are in a mixed ability group.

Once you are too good for that area the transition to the next grade of difficulty in Verbier is quite a big step.
If you can ski (and I do NOT mean that you have to be good, just not a first-timer) then Verbier is a fantastic place.

In all honesty I would suggest re-thinking your choice of resort if you are total beginners.
If it is too late for that then I think it makes little difference which ski school you book with. All have good reputations, all have many (even mainly) native english speakers, and all will get you skiing if you book lessons.

http://www.verbier.ch/index.cfm?Page=Buildpage&MainMenuId=127&SousMenuId=273

That should give you a list if you chose Ski Schools in "category". Maybe Le Fantastique is too French language based. Other than that...phone, chat, and go with whicher one gives you a good vibe.

Please don't think "Oh no, what have I done?" if you have already booked....I'm 100% sure you will have a good time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Altitude for beginners. And you / they're gonna love it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, Sorry, but I disagree.

I took my first ever ski trip to Verbier, and it was very good.

While the nursery slopes are somewhat separate, as you say, it is NOT all that big a step up after that. The first "proper" beginners slopes are also a little separate, but it is possible to get to a chair into the main area from the top of those two slopes (two chairs to Les Ruinettes).

We were skiing in the Lac de Vaux and La Chaux area with the ski school before the end of the week, and I also skied the Savroleyres area, including some reds in both Savroleyres and La Chaux.

Admittedly, I was lucky in that I was in a small class (low season and Verbier not thought of as a beginners resort), and I was staying in a chalet that was right in the middle of Pitse Rouge/Piste Bleu (the two next slopes after the nursery slope). But IMO, it is better for complete beginners than several other resorts I have stayed at.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sbentley, I can see where rungsp is coming from in that to enjoy all Verbier is famous for it does help if you can ski a bit, but the addition two years ago of the La Chaux Express lift does help getting beginners on the 'proper' hill, and if you pick things up quickly then there is more and more you can ski and meeting up with friends becomes less of a problem. You can always meet them in the pub at the end of the day anyway.

WRT ski schools, both Altitude and European Snowsports are English owned and English speaking and will be fine for your needs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK thanks - sounds like Altitude gets a good wrap from all concerned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy