Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thank you and good night

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Check out this (probably) deceased bad-boy......

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0799-skier-missing-on-the-vallee-blanche/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
clothed in jeans and a leather jacket
Shocked Shocked

Either Australian or Jeremy Clarkson
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry but anyone poorly equipped, without the technical ability, alone, clothed in jeans and leather jacket who was told that he should not do do the run beforehand but still carries on is frankly asking for it!

Frankly this is one of those examples of survival of the fittest/smartest and the gene pool is probably now healthier as a result!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi roga, I agree with you, the one thing that you cannot legislate for is others stupidity. Its just a shame that others will have to put themselves in danger to try and find him.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"No one on the route saw any trace of the man – clothed in jeans and a leather jacket. The lift operators on the Aiguille du Midi had tried to dissuade the man from setting out on the run"

Shocked Toofy Grin

yep, evolution in action...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The guy was Lithuanian. I wonder if many ask this as they disembark the cable car Shocked :

"The lift operators on the Aiguille du Midi had tried to dissuade the man from setting out on the run who had asked one of the lift workers 'Where’s the piste?'"

From: http://www.chamonet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=2981&id_back=1&PHPSESSID=f092542036af27cb0b53dff00407b766

which has been posted elsewhere on here, I believe.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's possible the guy was lost, and misunderstood the answers to his questions or the information he was given.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About 20 years ago , the top of Flaine in freezing strong wind/blizzard/fog situation:
My wife and I inching our way down, deeply wishing we were not there. Seemingly we are the only idiots on the mountain.
Another skier comes over to us and asks if we know the way. Jeans, denim jacket, no hat, no gloves, no goggles.
He was really suffering.

I leant him my hat and pulled my hood drawstrings really tight.
My wife took off he inner-gloves and leant them to him. We felt our way slowly down, from piste pole to piste pole.
We didn't see another soul until we were almost at the bottom.

30 mins later we were down, he was a blue colour and not really mentally or physically all there.
We helped him into a restaurant and left him by the fire to recover.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And the Darwin award goes to Very Happy Always sad to see a life lost but then again a bunch of wild Marmotts could be holding him captive till their demands are meet?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ordhan, our price... 20,000 dandilion leaves Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whilst, prima facie, he may have been stupid, that is no reason for you lot to lawd it.

The facts may be incorrect, he may not have understood ..... then again we all know Brit skiers are the best in the World.

A mother / wife/ girlfriend/sibling has lost a loved one ... oh, that I was as perfect as you and didn't make mistakes ... Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, very sorry, you're quite right. No more inappropriate comments from me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy