Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - 9th & 10th Feb - Solo lady (in loosest sense of word)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm off to St Anton for a long weekend to try and improve my ski-ing, before the big trip to Tahoe in March.

My boyfriend and the other boarders are off to La Grave to jump off mountains and other suicidal stuff, so I'm on my own and wondering if anyone else is around to help a newbie???

There may be another mate who can join me, but she is a pretty good boarder and I'm a beginner/intermediate skier, so she's going to find me a bit frustrating. I'm ok on the Blue's and most Red's but not that confident on ice and fairly slow (practicing my technique, thats what I tell everyone.... Smile

I just want to get a couple of days of practice in, so if anyone is around who wouldn't mind me/us joining them, and would like a good laugh at my expense, let me know.

Equally, if you are all experts, but have space on your apres ski table, it would be good not to look like the lonely old sod in the corner. I'm 35 going on 22 so "should suit most age groups... Laughing "

I can sort my own transport and last minute accommodation out, just the company I'm short of.

Thanks
Z
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zdh4, I am heading out to Innsbruck on 8th Feb and returning on 11th Feb with the intention of heading to St Anton but can not get accommodation so unless we can get some last minute stuff we will be staying in Innsbruck, but at the moment we intend to head to St Anton for the day on Saturday 9th (quiet change-over day) and then ski Innsbruck on Sunday 10th. We are one excellent Laughing boarder (me) and 3 skiers of lowish/intermediate standard:D (I have only skied with one of them before and he can ski most things), feel free to ski with us if you want Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zdh4, we'll be there 6/Feb to 10/Feb - group of 10 intermediate chaps, 33 to 37 yo's (going on 18 Little Angel ) with no accomodation yet..!
So look out for the igloos next to the Mooserwirt bar because that's probably where we'll end up staying!
But you're welcome to join our table should we still be coherent Toofy Grin Of course anyone who's out there is welcome!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zdh4,

St Anton is 90% male, you will have a choice of tables to sit on.

Another option is to sign up for group lessons.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the offers guys. All sound good and I'll more than likely take you up on them.

I guess accommodation wise, its best to wait until really last minute to try and get a room, especially as just one person?
Mind you, trying to find room for 10 is probably going to be equally tough, got any spare igloo's?

I've been to the KK but not Mooserwirt, I take it that I just have to ask directions....being a woman and all... Embarassed

My friend is trying to get me to go to Davos instead, anyone been? Is it worth giving up a wild weekend in St Anton for?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy