Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Keystone Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to Keystone in a couple of weeks time(presidents week or half term)
Questions I am hoping to get answered
1 Cheapest way to get lift tickets. Is it on line before we go, at the window, or in the grocery stores
2 Recommendations for nice restaraunts.
Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's not a whole lot going on in Keystone. The on the hill restaurants are OK, barbie type grub, loud music, quite jolly. I didn't see any restaurants off the hill; there probably are some, we only visited for the day from Breackenridge, for a change and to get some oxygen.

The skiing seemed quite pleasant, although not extensive or very thrilling, I suspect, although we were there right at the end of the seaon (it's quite low so shuts earlyish). The lift system is admirably straightforward.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think Richmond is beiing a bit harsh. I was in Keystone for 11 days last year, and thought it was a good resort, not as big as Breck (which you can get a bus to very easily) but not a bad size, vertical drop is only about 700meters, but you have 3 mountains of that. There is a main base of 'basic' but good food, with ~ 20 restaurants, all of which I found good value. As for the height of the resort - be carefull it is over 2800 meters (quite low?) so use a humidifier if you can.

Also try the Cat skiing over at the far hill, and if you get the chance, an odd day out to Breck or for the bravest of you Arapahoe Basin, some lift passes you can buy have a few days at other resorts thrown in. As for the pass - see what you can find on the net (that what I did - and there was some good deals out there) or petrol stations/grocery stores on the way there, as they are a lot cheaper than at the resort.

Have fun
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lynne123, Definately worth a trip to the A Basin especially from Keystone, will only take around 10 mins. you could just spen half a day there but if they have fresh snow.......... Very Happy

Probably worth trying the other resorts nearby as well if you can - Breck and Vail/Beaver Creek just to give you an idea of what else is around. worth trying the night skiing too if you havent done it before. Just remember to wait until it gets properly dark before you go out and goggles are useful preferably light yellow or clear lens. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're off to Breck at Easter & certainly for us its much cheaper to buy ski passes at international rates before we go - I've no idea how much saving there would be for you at what presumably is a busier time of year. The websites I've been looking at are:
http://www.themountainsusa.com/index.php
http://www.skiextras.com/ and http://www.worldski.com/ (these 2 seem to be the same company)
http://www.americanskiclassics.com/

I've not used any of these before and I don't really know anything about them except that it looks like each one could save us quite a lot of money on the normal price - I asked some questions about them a while back here
Don't know how much use this info is, but if you decide to use one of the above I'd be interested to know how good they are
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dodge wrote:
be carefull it is over 2800 meters (quite low?)

Fair point, I was comparing it (in my mind) with Breckenridge. The conditions in Breckenridge were excellent, but very end of season-ish in Keystone. I didn't mean to be harsh, as I said I've only been there for the day, at the end of the season, and I had a good time. I'd be very happy to go there for a week or two.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lift passes - local grocery stores and gas stations often have 2 for 1 vouchers

restaurants - we liked the one on the left as you go into the ski area at the base station. excellent chilli. used others and dont recall them being good or bad. good simple food at sensible prices. chilli, grills, burgers etc. typical US large portions.

night skiing is a hoot - can be quiet eerie if you are alone as i was. they have safety phones with flashing beacons though in case of a problem (go to starbucks after day skiing and sit in fornt of the fire then wait till it gets darks and off you go - half the resort is lit so not a pxy couple of slopes like many resorts)

off piste / tree skiing out the back of the resort is fun

a-basin...take an oxygen mask as its about 12 000ft !!!

copper mountian is close by and fun

loveland is worth a trip - private resort, cheap lift pass and not too busy

winter park is worth a trip

vail and breck definitely worth doing

beaver creek is fun but a long drive

whole area can be cold so prepared . we bought a face mask out there - only about £10. makes a difference when its really cold

we love colorado but alas with young kids we dont fancy the long flight and jet lag.

remember - its very high even at resort level so take on plenty of fluids and dont over do the beer otherwise you will regret it !!!

ENJOY !! (not jealous at all - honest !!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy