Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - in Mid-March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a long weekend for a mixed group of skiers/boarders - and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what the conditions are likely to be like in Morzine in March?

Also, any recommendations on self-catering accomodation for about 8/9 people in the centre of the resort?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I';ve been last week in March and it's been amazing. More snow than you can shake a stick at. Also been in March and it's been pants..but then Avoriaz was fine. One thing I can confirm is that beer is still cold and in plentiful supply in March!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
awksquawk wrote:
One thing I can confirm is that beer is still cold and in plentiful supply in March!

Sounds good to me Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jonflat2, The problem with Morzine mid-March is that the resort pretty much closes down after the French holidays. Sad really as that's when all the really good snow arrives. But if you're into Rando you'll be OK.

I can recommend Speedy Pizza for dinner - it's handy that they deliver as, err, no restaurants are open. I recommend Speedy Pizza for beer delivery too which is handy as no bars are open.

Stop at Champion in Thonon (the Morzine one'll be closed) on the way up and make sure you buy enough loo roll as the water purification plant gets shut down and routed through the snow cannon reservoir about the same time.

But seriously. If it precips you have a reasonable chance of rain in the village (yes, you will). Equally a reasonable chance of snow. If it's sunny it'll probably get slushy in the afternoon. That said a few years ago I had a -25 morning in Avoriaz in late March. It's tricky stuff to predict this weather.

As usual, the lower uncannoned runs are a bit thin so don't count on skiing from the Fys chair down the green run into town. Otherwise everything higher up seems to have a great base.

No idea on accommodation.

(Not very helpful am I?) Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi jonflat2, We went to Morzine Mid-March last year and will be doing so again this year. I looked at www.morzine.com to find my accommodation. I booked a hotel, but they seemed to have lots of chalets and apartments too. The problem can be that many of these places will only let you book for complete weeks (Saturday to Saturday), and I had quite a limited choice because we are going for 9 days - Friday to the following Sunday. So get booked up as soon as you can. Other websites to try are www.planigo.com or iglu something or other (we booked through iglu last year, but I can't remember the web asdress) Embarassed

Last year we found that there were plenty of bars open, but I don't know about restaurants as we were half board at our hotel - sorry. Plenty of cheap beer in the supermarkets too.

The snow was fantastic on the higher slopes, but the bottom slopes had no snow and we could not ski all the way back to the village, so would just take the chair or gondola back down. The day after we left, there were blizzard conditions and the lower runs became skiable. Typical!

hope that might be of some help anyway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy