Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Resort? Please Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me choose a ski resort to go to at the beginning of March. My boyfriend is a really good skier and has been to most of the resorts in Europe whereas I have only been skiing 3 times and don't have much experience of resorts. I can't ask my boyfriend for advice as I want to surprise him with this holiday so asking for some help in deciding somewhere.

We are basically a couple in lates 20s would like a nice scenic resort and would like good Apres ski but not too lively a resort really. It would need to be good for both intermediate and expert skiing and probably at high altitude to guarentee good snow. I have been thinking mainly at Austria and Switzerland and cheap would be good although will probably do a late deal to get the price down.

Any advice on suitable resorts would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Skier8
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiier8, we may be able to help, we have availability in chalet Le Mouflon, La Rosiere 1850 for w/c 9th March you can check out the chalet and the resort on www.tracksvacations.com where, if you look on our photo gallery, you'll see some of the best scenery in the Alps. La Rosiere is a great resort for intermediates and as the only resort in France where you can heli-ski it's not too bad for experts either. The skiing area is split between France and Italy and its one of the most snow-sure resorts in France.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax, I'm not sure that heli-ski and cheap really go well together Toofy Grin

Skiier8, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your help, it looks very nice place, unfortunatley we're limited to going on the week before on 1st or 2nd March which you has been booked already Sad

My boyfriend would have paid the extra to go heli-skiing as he didn;t get round to doing it on our last holiday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiier8 I have a much better idea. Ditch your boyfriend and take me wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some suggestions:

Arabba -Italy
Switzerland, Flims Switzerland, Wengen,
France -La Clusaz, Morzine (as the snow is good this year), Serre Chevalier
Austria, Lech or Zurs (not cheap), Ischgl (not cheap), Serfaus
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, they wouldn't usually but according to the Good Ski Guide heli-skiing from La Rosiere or La Thuile is the cheapest in Europe.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, yes, but that's like saying "I want a cheap car" and someone suggesting a Lotus Elise because you can spend more on an Elan rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some more suggestions for Skiier8,

Salbaach - Austria
Ellmau/Scheffau - Austria
Both areas quite low so check the snow last minute if you are booking last minute.
France - would second Morzine.

Maybe start doing holiday searches on Tour Operators websites and see what's coming up as available on your dates and then narrow it down from there.

Have a look on the "where to ski and snowboard" site - www.wtss.co.uk it has lots of reviews etc.

Good luck and welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skier8
How about Val Gardena? Prob the most scenic mountain range in Europe, good value food and vino and amazing quality, skiing not exactly for top experts but wld be a good compromise, apres ski not full-on but jolly enough. Good luck.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiier8, if you're interested in Flims/Laax (ideal for intermediates and experts), our place is currently free the week of 8 March; range of apres but still quiet, apartment right at the Laax base station. If you do a search on here, I dare say you'll find more info that I've written about the resort Wink Very few (if any?) tour ops go there, however, so it would by necessity be a DIY trip - but it's a pretty easy one. Plenty of decent hotels too (and some v nice ones) if that's more your thing. No catered chalets though, to my knowledge (not something the Swiss go in for)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy