Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top Mountain restaurants in Obertauern.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all, anybody who can give a few recommendations for good mountain restaurants in Obertauern. Preferably table service. I would appreciate a few comments. I have access to SCGB, and Where to ski and Snowboard, but personal recommendation is always good.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear, having just come back from there I should be able to recommend some. But to be honest we had such fantastic food in our hotel (6 courses for dinner & anything you could wish for for brekkie) that we tended to eat small for lunch. So can't really recommend anywhere.

Things I do know about the mountain restaurants: the restaurant at the bottom of the Panoramabahn and Hochalmbahn (I think it's called the Hochalm) is 'lively' from lunchtime onwards Toofy Grin . The Edelweisshutte at the top of the Edelweissbahn is renowned for drinking carrying on there all evening and then sking down the blue run in the dark - there is night skiing until 10 pm on that run twice a week.

We ate a few times at one of the restaurants at the bottom of the Seekarspitzbahn which was very nice - but I think there's two there and I can't remember the name of the one we frequented rolling eyes Goulash soup and bread does me just yummy for lunch Little Angel

Hopefully someone will come along who is more useful than me! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy, thanks very much anyhow. This at least puts the topic back up the charts so to speak.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Piccy of afore-mentioned Hochalm bar getting lively - I can hear the music now! If you look closely you may be able to spot the dancing on the tables Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy
Why are so many people wearing orange tea-cosies? Were the Dutch in town?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hywel, I don't know! And as we were going past on a chair lift I never did find out. I'm guessing though it was a promotional thing by Jagermeister as there are similar orange banners around Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy