Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flight delays

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone beat 5 hours at Grenoble on Saturday back to Stansted,over 3 times the flight length!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We flew Manchester to Geneva, turned back 30 mins from landing with a part failure, headed to London, sat in plane for 4 -5 hours next to another which was ready to fly waiting for a part, then for it to be fitted, then it didn't work, then we changed planes, couldn't get more food as supplies were locked, flight crew and pilot missed connections (pilot was meant to be weekend skiing with his son) and personal trips. Crew were fantastic, all of us were rather P'd off with Easyjet. Must have been about 6-7 hrs late getting in.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Three days late due to Hurricane Charley a few years ago, flying London to Orlando.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Turned up at Munich around noon for flight to Stansted on the day the Afghans decided to hijack their own jet and park it at the end of the Stansted runway for a day or so. Finally good old BA swept up all remaining passengers and landed us at Heathrow around midnight. Then endured coach trip to Stansted to pick up the car, before driving back around the M25 to my place 30 mins beyond Heathrow. To this day I haven't holidayed in or bought products from Afghanistan wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't think what products you could buy other than an Afghan Hound ! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We were suppose to fly out of innsbruck last saturday at 6:40pm. Flight got transferred to salzburg and we ended up leaving at around 11pm. got back to gatwick and missed the last train down to worthing so we slept in the airport until the first train. got home about 11 hours later than we should have! not happy!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glasgow to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria) a few years ago. Supposed to take off at 8.45 am. Flight delayed to 5pm as they were waiting for a part to be flown up from Luton. Took off at 5pm and landed in Manchester to change crew (crew had went over their hours). New crew and fresh food brought on at Manchester, then took off after about 20 minutes. Whilst airborne the pilot made an announcement something like: "Ladies and Gentlemen, you will notice that we were in Manchester for only a short time - I had planned to re-fuel at Manchester but I was given a slot, if I hadn't take this slot, we would have been delayed by a further 5 hours. We will have to divert to Lisbon to re-fuel, then onto Las Palmas - thank you for your patience".

Basically: Glasgow to Las Palmas via Manchester and Lisbon.

I was only going for a week and the return flight was delayed by 6 hours!!!

Britannia airways (which are now Thomsonfly).

The thing was - I was going out to join some mates who were already out there and they had went up to the airport to meet the flight and basically wasted a whole day (probably more than a day of their holiday!) at the airport.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About 1982 in early January we turned up at Gatwick around 6:30 to fly to Geneva. It had snowed overnight and getting to Gatwick from central London was quite difficult.

Somewhat to our surprise we checked in quite quickly and boarded the Dan Air BAC 1-11. Say 8:30-ish.

We left for Geneva about 19:00, not having left the plane all day (we were told the terminals were packed with later-departing pax, some of whom had rioted). The crew had run out of hours and been changed. The wings had been de-iced so often that we lost count. We had waited whilst they snowploughed the runway. We had had a take-off aborted after an number of brake-tests during the roll (later announced to have shown a dangerous lack of adhesion). The bogs had had to be emptied. The catering had had to be re-stocked.

At some time, which (understandably as you will see) I don't exactly recall, they announced that as a special concession the Customs were allowing them to open bonded stores. Drinks were on the house. So I can't remember much about the flight except that Geneva was closed when we arrived.

We were put up overnight and bussed up to Les Arcs in the morning. My hangover was easily in the top (or bottom) five of my life, so much so that when offered genepy at the en-route stop I both accepted and enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I you travel alot poo-poo happens.

You just get used to it. some you win & some you lose . In my extensive experience with airlines on the whole I do not think anyone has reason to complain.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
29 hrs delay last year, back from alpe du huez to manchester,

some idiot backed the tug into the front wheel of the plane, and popped it !!!

had to wait as the local kwickfit didnt have one in stock Shocked

had to fly a new one from gatwick or somewhere
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beat this.

Some people staying in our Chalet 2 weeks ago were delayed on their flight out of Gatwick to Chambery. There were flying a charter, the plane was faulty.

Next thing they get an anouncement that Bruce Dickinson flys for the airline and he is going to fly the OFFICiAL Iran Maiden 2008 tour plane in so they can get to Chambery. True enough 2 hours or so laterr a plane lands in Gatwick wiht Mr D at the controls and the Iran Maiden 2008 Tour logo all down the side. The bad bit of the story is that Mr D did not fly them on to Chambery but they did use the plane. snowHead Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, who are Iran Maiden? Some kind of Islamic heavy metal band? Smile

Good story.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kendadj, well I could think of some products of a herbal variety one could source from Afghanistan... wink - not that I do , I hasten to add![
b]RDSpearing, [/b]we flew back to Bournemouth from Grenoble last Saturday afternoon - couldn't help noticing the terminal (and area in front of it) seemed full of people who had obviously been waiting around a long time. Our flight took off on time tho (no consolation to you I know). We were originally booked on a flight from grenoble to stanstead that afternoon (still trying to get the taxes back!) so I guess that might be the same one that you were on, so we were lucky!

Incidentally I have heard that Chambery is a tricky airport to land at (compared to others) and often fog bound which obviously then causes problems
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hehe beat this story: Madeye-Smiley

On taking off from singapore in August 1988, engine blew up and had to make an emergency landing back in Singapore. Very scary NehNeh

Landed ok and was quite exciting for an 9 year old as we had all the world waiting for us Laughing

Had to wait 2 days for a replacement plane.

Finally left after 2 days and stopped in Bombay to refuel and pick up some more peeps.

Just about to taxi for take off when the pilot got a landing gear warning light on his dashboard wink

24hrs later and one hotel we manage to get back.

Over three days late Toofy Grin

Great adventures for kids. Not for parents Laughing
latest report
Quote:

RDSpearing, [/b]we flew back to Bournemouth from Grenoble last Saturday afternoon - couldn't help noticing the terminal (and area in front of it) seemed full of people who had obviously been waiting around a long time. Our flight took off on time tho (no consolation to you I know). We were originally booked on a flight from grenoble to stanstead that afternoon (still trying to get the taxes back!) so I guess that might be the same one that you were on, so we were lucky!

I was on a first choice flight back, the others waiting in the departure lounge were a load of Scandanavians delayed for 9 hours waiting for flights to go back to Stockholm and Copenhagen, so I was lucky really.......

It turns out our flight was delayed due to fog in the morning at Innsbruck ( the plane did a leg there first ) and had to divert to Munich.

Why do they never seem to have any spare planes to put on?

Why when they printed out meal vouchers did they not print enough? Had to wait for ours as the rep from the airline did not know how many people were on the plane?! Puzzled

Why was the only apology from the captain? Puzzled
ski holidays
And another (note to forum users, dont fly with me wink )

Flying to Dom Rep a few years ago we were delayed because our plane, due back from Jamaica, had to stop in NY to drop of a family of Irish who got drunk and started fighting. Remember it on the news?

The crew ran out of time in NY and so the plane never made Manchester to take us. Anyway, we flew the next day just over 24hrs late.

Whilst over the Atlantic (no, the story hasnt finished yet wink ) the captain called for a doc. Lady next to the wife was a nurse and in the end had to look at a young lady in terrible pain. She thought it was serious and so we detoured to Canada where it was 40 degrees lower than we were expecting.
Anyway, we dropped her off and finally made Dom Rep about 36hrs late NehNeh

The people waiting in departures looked worse than we did! Laughing

Anyway, for those with an emotional side, the young lady was ok, she joined our hotel 3 days later negaitve some kidneys stones wink

..And I am flying on Saturday to Bulgaria where I have also had a 22hr delay and delivered to the wrong airport, but thats another story!
snow conditions
Surely the question is, did you feel less aggrieved as a result of the delay because you had your boots stashed in your hand luggage?
latest report
RDSpearing, 9 hours delay!! Grim
Certainly liked Grenoble airport - the first time we used it! It's obviously expanding.And our pre-booked hire was upgraded from a mid-range family car to a brand new 4 by 4 because nothing in the category booked remained available. It was briliant because we would other wise have needed to mess round with putting chains on going up to the resort!
latest report
3 hours at Luton on 22nd December was a pain in the back bottom waiting to go to Turin. It was due to the bags being loaded onto the wrong plane. We when then delayed for another 30minutes as we missed our slot on a very busy day.

The worst I've ever hard of was the day of our flight. Ryanair from Bristol to Turin due to fog. The plane was meant to take off at 7.30 and land at 10am local time. It didnt land untill 15minutes before ours, which was at 5pm. Thats 7 hours, thank god we didnt go from Bristol.
snow report
Going to Iceland in 2006 for a hunting trip.
Got to Gatwick to find total chaos...the luggage system had totally gone wrong. Mountains of luggage all over the floor.
"please put your bags in that pile, that is the Reykjavik pile"

"Um, I have a gun and ammunition?"

"Oh please come this way sir...."
Off to special customs area, all checked, all ok. The customs guy takes my bags and tells me he will personally be putting them in the plane.

We get on plane.

Captain announces: "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am sorry to announce that we do not have your luggage on board. If anyone would prefer not to travel they can get off now"
Passengers not pleased!
"As an update we do have one passengers luggage, the gentleman travelling with a gun, your bags are on board"

Very Happy Very Happy

Woman behind me says to her partner: "What kind of maniac travels with a gun, why would anyone need a gun?"

I turn round "That is me...I am going there hunting and I hope to kill things"

End of that conversation...and a few glares/laughs from those nearby!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy