Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hire shop and boot fitters in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, we're staying at the Balcons Du Savoy and ideally would like to use a ski hire shop in the vicinity or one that we can get to easy enough and that might deliver. Any suggestions?

Also (and I fear that I might already know the answer to this one Wink), any particular shops recommended for ski boot fitting?

Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cubby, Have you thought of going for a sneaky weekend to Bicester? Very Happy
If not www.footworks.fr is for you. Best to book your fitting as it gets very busy, use the contact us section of the site.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hear from a trusted local that the boot fitters at Sangard are excellent this year. Footworks gets a good rep but I find their fittings the wrong side of tight.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D'oh - I meant "Sanglard"
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cp1000, Occasionally too loose. Such is the World. Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cubby, .... there is only one true boot fitter, when there should be two or three ..... Toofy Grin

.... when in heaven ... buy direct from God .....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no - I mean way way too tight - I couldn't ever get on with my Footworks boots. And goodness knows I tried.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cp1000, Really, what was the problem, when did you buy them?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I tried completing the form on the FW website yesterday as I wanted to book an appointment but it wasn't working!

Just thought I'd let you know, don't think the problem was at my end.

Got an email address or is it best to give the shop a call?

Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cubby, I'm on to the site engineer now. He's French. wink

Try edit:nice:

Hopefully the boots won't end up too tight. We have Four fitters, anyone could at anytime fit too tight of loose, dependant on the clarity of the communication between Fitter and Client. We can always rework a boot too small but a boot too big is often a lost cause. We do, all work at 'FOOTWORKS' but are as induvidual as your feet. The team we have now are the same and have been for the last 3 winters, a first in our history. Lets hope we can put you on the 99% SATISFIED clients list and advoid adding to our 1% FAILED list.

Steve.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 23-01-08 18:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, So if someone booked to see you they might actually see someone else?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, If someone asked specifically for me, then i would see them, otherwise yes, i guess.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Footworks are the best i've been to. Got my Lange L10's there back in Nov 98 and I love them. Yes they are a very tight fit, but thats what I wanted. Still worked seasons in them only had a problem with them recently but that is a Zipfit issue. Should have popped in last year to get them sorted but never got round to it !

Sanglard are good also. Isn't the chap there the guy who used to own Footworks? He did a great job on a mates boots last year, but I must admit they were very pricey and the range rather limited IMO. I'd go to Footworks.

Alex
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone any suggestions on what to look for when renting "Premium" skis? I took the plunge and bought boots this year and I want to match them up with a good set of skis. The only problem is, I haven't a clue what to look for when assesing skis and I don't want to get palmed of with whatever the shop has left in stock.
I'm off to Bad Gastein in 2 weeks so if anyone has any good (or bad) rental stories from this resort please enlighten me!

Ian
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cubby, Try Sanglard Sports in Chamonix www.rentski.com I can highly recommend LARGEZOOKEEPER(Jules) and Damien, both excellent bootfitters, as good as it gets in my experience. Both have years of World Cup level bootfitting experience.
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
Cubby, Try Sanglard Sports in Chamonix www.rentski.com I can highly recommend LARGEZOOKEEPER(Jules) and Damien, both excellent bootfitters, as good as it gets in my experience. Both have years of World Cup level bootfitting experience.

Jules....that was the bloke. Very good last year in Sanglard. Sounds like there or Footworks...
snow report
Anyone tried these lot:

CHAM SPORTS Nord
432, rue Joseph Vallot

Bookable by the Twinner-sports.com website. Seem cheap and about 50% of Sanglard?
snow report
Well there's a thing, I'd thought LZK and SZK were colleagues (in the same company) not rivals. You learn a new thing....
latest report
Cubby, there's cheap and then there's value for money! go to a recommended one and hopefully you won't have to buy another pair next year or the year after, or the year after.
ski holidays
Cubby, we've rented our skis from Sanglard for the last two years, and have found them as cheap as anywhere else, and very helpful, good kit etc. Try booking through www.snowbrainer.co.uk - saved us about 40%. If you book direct, however, I believe they'll deliver and collect as well.

Plus, I had boots fitted by LARGEZOOKEEPER and can't recommend him (and Damien) highly enough.
ski holidays
There is only one Zoo. it is HERE, everything else is ( imho) an imitation. I had my boots 'redone' after much fiddling by others before this season .... MAGNIFICENT, BRILLIANT. all my minor quirks resolved and still tight-as-a-duck's-whatsit.

I hadn't given them that feedback before , so the 99% just went up. Thanks Steve and Gus ....
ski holidays
aka Smallzookeeper and Nakedzookeeper of course .. sorry. Embarassed
latest report
LZK - the truth was they were just too small. Despite my misgivings when I bought the boots (I protested lots) I was persuaded to give them a go. And it turned out that they were too small - even when skiing my toes were in pain. Refits didn't solve the problem.
But now I have a fabulous pair of boots that I bought last season. They are snug (I have to take them off most lunchtimes) but they fit like a dream when skiing. And those rotten tiny Head boots are now just a distant bad memory.

I guess the moral of the story is that I should have listened to my instincts better in the first place.
snow report
Agenterre, LARGEZOOKEEPER is the original Footworks main man, in Chamonix since the early 80's, he left to do the World Cup circuit with Salomon and now works freelance with Damien who I think worked for Lange World Cup. They work the Sanglard bootroom between them in the winter season, and touring with the Race teams for the training season.
Just experiencing LARGEZOOKEEPER at work both on my boots and the French & Italian teams was enlightening to say the least. It was watching a master at work. I hardly had to say anything, he just looked at my feet and told me exactly where in the shell it was too tight, which was exactly where I felt it was, even down to how tight it felt in one area compared to another. I had total faith, he just whisked them away and they came back fitting.
I've never met SMALLZOOKEEPER so can't obviously compare, but for sure LARGEZOOKEEPER is up there with the very best.
Very Happy
latest report
Spyderman, I'm loads better looking, 10 years younger and much better on a Mountain Bike. LZK would be one of the people i'd ask to fit my boots, i worked with Damien for 4 years, he's awesome, amazing 'Lateral' thinker, his hands and eyes are a gift from 'GOD', but he is very short. Twisted Evil What i think is important about us all, is that given our passion and understanding of; Feet, Plastic and skiing, the most important that you trust the person fitting you boots, communicate honestly with them and are comfortable both in your boots and company. For that reason i think you should buy your boots here in the resort. It can be a long and patience testing time so enjoy it here as part of your holiday and pursuit of better skiing. Are you as clear about your feelings and understanding of skiing in the UK or in Resort? I think, i know you are better armed to help me and you to a better fit having just taken your feet out of your boots.

Peace my 'Bootfitting' friends. I would also be happy fitting my own boots, however no one knows my needs better than a bootfitter. So i'm 'BUGGERED' i guess. Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy