Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stockli World Cup SC

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all....

after one day on what felt like rather average Vokyl Racetigers, I swapped hire skis to Stockli World Cup SC's and was totally blown away by their rock solid carving performance.

I would have made them an offer in the hire shop, but had no way to get them back to the UK

A few quick searches doesn't seem to throw up too much info - does anyone know where these skis are available in the UK?

thanks,
snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
red 27, AFAIK, the Stoeckli SC is a detuned version of their slalom ski. AFAICS they don't have a "World Cup SC" model in the lineup http://en.stoeckli.ch/main/skis/collection/race/.

All that said, they do make rather nice skis. I suspect you might be on last or the prior year's SCs, in which case the current ones would be similar. But which RaceTigers were you using? And were they well prepared? Stoeckli don't have particularly widespread distribution in the UK...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
they do indeed rock, I managed to find a uk stockist after they impressed me last year - decided in the end not to buy any ski. Can't remember who they were but they are out there - keep looking.

Also loads of threads on here of buying from Germany (or even Switzerland???)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, yes - strange that they're not on the Stockli website... These are the skis....

http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/652/30/

seems to be called the Laser SC... fantastic... by far the most stable and responsive planks I've skied on. conditions at thw w/end were pretty damn good though too

the RaceTigers were vivid orange Shocked GS model I think. I had read good things about them on here, but I found them bland - could just have been too good for me - but the Stockli's made me feel so good, carving stupid arcs for fun! guess I like short turns.

I'll keep my eyes peeled in hire shops later in the year and see if I can find them again. I'd be grateful if you could suggest anything else you think I might like, based on the very limited info above snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hobbiteater, cool username! thx - will investigate.... not sure I could ever buy skis mail order though.... a bride yes - skis, no wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27, the orange voelkls are the slightly detuned ones which are broadly equivalanet in marketing to the laser SCs. I suspect what you were experiencing was the difference between a detuned slalom (SC) and detuned GS(GC) ski.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, I have a friend who hates race skis...(she is an instructor and a good skier)

We went ski testing one day.... I took the SC's she took a pair of the Spirit V's ....She wanted me to try the Spirits - that meant she had to ski the SC's(we know how to adjust the bindings our local stockli shop use).....

She is now the owner of a pair of SC's that she describes as having "ice claws" .... she swears when it is icey the damn things just "hang on"

I also own a pair back home in Oz - sadly i think they are nearly at rock ski stage of their life...

But never mind - I have a pair of the GS skis waiting for me to play on them in Colorado Smile

Just buy them online!!!! They are great skis
snow report
 brian
brian
According to the Stoeckli website, these guys (in Edinburgh but I've never heard of them) are the UK importer:

http://www.inclinesports.co.uk/products.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, Thanks to all... I'm just learning about skis really, I think I've got the stage/ability of actually being able to tell the difference, and it's great fun to find out what a big difference there is between different types. David, your comments about Slalom and GS ring true, as I've also tried and not liked (or just not been able to ski) some Salomon GS Equipe's although I've loved other skis in the Salomon X-wing range.

I'm skiing enough to make purchasing skis economically sensible, but I reckon I'll hire for a while longer to further work out what suits me.

Thanks again to all Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I corresponded with Incline Sports altho must say it was a couple of years ago. At that time they were Stoeckli dealer and could indeed supply their skis in UK.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use the racetiger got them in 2008 I think bright red and black. They only really come alive when you are pushing on.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in Engelberg at the moment in Stockli heaven as they have the Mega store dealership here.. have made a dent on my wallet ! 25% discount though wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love stockli skis. Best on piste I have ever used.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've a a pair of vxl's, sl's and s95's. they make great skis. The sc's were / are a mix between sl and gs and by all accounts are rockets. Never skied them but love the sl's for smiles per mile. I bought all mine from incline and they used to offer a snow sports uk discount. If you liked the sc try the sx or cx which are skier cross skis and great on the piste.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Somehow ended up with a used pair of Laser SC with a bit of life still in them by complete fluke. Was just looking for a cheap pair to save on rentals as were planning to go a few times last season. Guy selling them didnt know what they were but that they were a bit quick for his lad who was using them and neither had I heard of them. A bit battered to knocked down the price a bit and walked off with them. When I took them in for a service the chap in the local ski shop raised an eyebrow and told me what they were to which I was pleasantly surprised until he told me that they need to go 60-80kmh to show their stuff.

They do perform well when pushed along, I dont have the ability to really do it constantly but am getting to love them more and more. Great feeling when you get them carving at a decent clip.

@Alex A, what are they pricing up at? I doubt I will ever have the ability to do them justice or indeed the coin to replace them for that matter but its fun to dream.
latest report
red 27 wrote:
I like short turns

The Volkl Racetiger GS's are designed for making high speed longer radius turns with some commitment, and it's no surprise that they're uninspiring at slower speeds. Neither is it surprising that you found the Laser SC's far more 'user friendly' when making shorter radius turns - it's far harder work to make tight turns on GS type skis than it is to make wide turns on recreationally oriented SL type skis.
snow conditions
@RussellT

+1

I have Volkl Code Speedwall S UVO's and they like being pushed hard. Got S's instead of L's because they're easier to handle than the L's when naffing around.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy