Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

26th/27th+ Cheap+Big French Resort+Manchester Airport+3 PPL Suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I managed to get a great deal last year on a last minute ski holiday to La Plagne and enjoyed myself immensely. Unfortunately my attempts to get a similar deal this year have so far been foiled (I imagine by the consistently good conditions). As stated I am basically looking for:-
26/27th Departure date
Cheap
One of the larger French resorts - having enjoyed Paradiski so much last year I am looking for a similarly sized resort.
Departing from Manchester (or perhaps a nearby airport)
For 3 people
Intermediate level skiing

If anyone has seen anything or can offer any suggestions I would love to see them. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Killjoy, you're right about the conditions but we can offer you a special offer in La Rosiere 1850, although you may not think the ski area is big enough. We have availability in chalet Le Mouflon and we're giving a free 6 day Espace San Bernardo lift pass with every full week adult booking. The lift pass is valid for France and Italy and worth 162 Euros, you can find details of our chalet and the resort on www.tracksvacations.com or email us at info@tracksvacations.com for more information.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd say that's a pretty good offer, we skiied over to La Rosiere when on a day outin La Thuile on saturday and the conditions on both sides were pretty good - it's maybe not the size of the whole of Paradiski but it's certainly enough to keep 3 intermediates entertained for a week
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go for it if you like pasta...the locals here in Bourg Saint Maurice say they like to ski La Rosiere when they want to get some pasta for lunch and ski home in time for dinner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for the advice and as an update:- I took David up on his offer and had the best weeks skiing ive ever had. La Rosiere was wonderful the resort is so friendly and hospitable and the skiing was fantastic; thanks to the incredible ski hosting I received I got so much more skiing out of each day and my skiing has improved tremendously as a result
With skiing both in La Rosiere and la thuile there was a tremendous amount and variety of skiing on offer and the novelty of visiting both French and Italian slopes was great. The 2 resorts often encounter different weather such that when one is cloudy the other is clear and sunny this allowed me to make the most of two cloudy days by heading to Italy.
I could write another post of the same length on Emma's cooking but suffice to say after several days we were concerned that the food on our night out might not match what we had become accustomed to.
Staying with people who know and love the resort so well I was introduced to activities that I wouldn’t have heard about normally such as a torchlight descent and a slalom competition which in total cost under 10 Euros (remarkable considering the effort and organisation by the resort) and which proved thoroughly enjoyable and memorable. In summary I would recommend La Rosiere to anyone it was a wonderful holiday and the residents of the resort are such a friendly community. The experience was made all the better by the wonderful experience at the chalet. I would reccomend the resort and this chalet particularly for anyone looking for great skiing and a great holiday they certainly delivered for me.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Killjoy, Couldn't have put it better myself. Sounds like a great trip Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy