Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

172 or 182 Scott Punishers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking at getting a pair of Scott Punishers but I'm not sure whether to go 172cm or 182cm.

I am 5"10', 11.5 stone, intermediate level (confident on reds and can get down blacks slowly) and a fast learner but have previously only skied short (160 cm) carving skis.

The radius is 16m on the 182's and 14m on the 172's which sounds pretty manageable to me but is there really any advantage of going with the 182's? Most of my friends who are advanced level skiers ski around 170cm twin-tips and they are about the same height as me.

Cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
182cm twin tips will ski more like a 178 if that helps.

If you and your friends spend most time on piste or in the park then the 172cm will be fine, if you're planning to head off piste more than 50% of the time then the 182cm will be better IMO.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thanks, think I will go for the 172cm because most of the time I will be on piste
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
troublemaker, have you managed to get hold of a pair yet? I have a pair of 172 mounted with salomon z12 series bindings set for a 325mm boot sole (size 10),they are BRAND NEW never been skiied but have been prepped with wax prior to my next trip in 8 days time.Yours for £365 delivered. Be quick if you want them PM me if your interested.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
troublemaker, You really need to test them to know, I have 185 Volkl Karma but I also tested the 177, I think if you like ripping it down hard on and off piste the extra length really helps for floatation and edge hold on piste but I am taller and heavier than you (6 foot, 13 stone).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi hedley, no I haven't yet but I am holding off because I am not sure if I am going skiing again this season yet (just got back from Val Thorens). If I am not then I will hold off to the sales or maybe see what next years graphics are like, but if I am going again I will PM you (assuming you don't sell them by then).

Cheers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Ross wrote:
troublemaker, You really need to test them to know, I have 185 Volkl Karma but I also tested the 177, I think if you like ripping it down hard on and off piste the extra length really helps for floatation and edge hold on piste but I am taller and heavier than you (6 foot, 13 stone).
Yeah the 182's are definately appealing from that point of view but I'm just worried they might be a bit much for me at the moment. I might try to have a go on my friends 170ish rossignol scratch's when I get the chance and see how I go. In a way I think why not just get the 182's because I should pick them up easy enough after a while anyway.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
troublemaker, I'd recommend testing, in a snowdome or abroad next time you are out, you can test several pairs a day in resorts no problem, in resorts like St Anton and elsewhere there are hire shops up the mountain so it is very quick and easy to change skis. Also shops will knock test days off the price of new skis. But do your research to make sure they have the skis you are thinking of buying. If you go out for a trip at the end of the season some shops give big discounts on last seasons stock (I got mine for about one third original price this way plus they knocked 5 days hire off so I really got them for free!!!).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy