Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Glenshee worth a trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got back from Morzine, spent 4 days skiiing. I've now done a total of 5 days skiing (did 1 year skiing in Morzine last year when I was snowboarding). I'm improving pretty quickly, good enough to do red runs.

I'll be doing 2 days in Morzine again in March, but I cannot wait until then - I need to get out now!

I was thinking of going to Glenshee. It's a long drive - nearly 7 hours. I'm not expecting anything like the Portes du Soleil with it's 600km+ of runs or anything like that! I really just want to spend more time improving.

So is it worth a trip? I'm thinking of going beginning of Feb. And is there anywhere I can park a motorhome?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bikeandsnow, I discovered Scottish mountains after 15 years skiing the Alps.

The short answer is 'yes', it's definitely worth a crack, but keep your plans flexible (easy with that form of transport) and go there to see extraordinary scenery. Good skiing isn't guaranteed, so treat it as a bonus. I'd monitor the relative conditions at the five Scottish areas before you go, and slot in a choice of dates if possible. The road up to Glencoe (and onward to Fort William and Nevis Range), via Loch Lomond and across Rannoch Moor, is particularly spectacular.

Scottish skiing in late season can be particularly good. Don't rule out April, by any means.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't park up your motorhome in the upper level of the Cas Carpark on CairnGorm for the night as it's a bit exposed... but apart from that the answer to the questions is yes, but keep an eye on conditions and the forecasts. If your driving up in your motorhome, while it's still a fair old drive you can be totally flexibale, you can change destination on the spur of the moment if conditions and weather are looking better further East or West. Glencoe and Nevis Range have the advantage of low level carparks if your wanting to camp in your motorhome.

If your wanting creature comforts the Glenmore campsite at the foot of CairnGorm is excellent and has water and power hookups, amazing shower/toilet block with heated floors (having camped on a wet then frosty late October night I was sorely tempted to stay in the shower block overnight!!), guess it depends how well equipped your motor home is.

Always fancied a Winterhighland VW Camper Van if any outdoor/snowsports type business is looking for Sponsorship Opportunities! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy