Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest "report" on Insurance and Accidents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The good old insurance and accident thing!

I picked up 2 separate reports in the papers this weekend.

One claimed that 1 in 10 snow sports holiday makers will have an accident. I appreciate that the "statistic" won't cover unreported incidents, or didn't state what the criteria for "accident" was.

The other report (different paper) claimed that 31% of holiday makers taking winter snow sport holidays had NO insurance.

It does make one wonder what goes through some people's minds. I always additionally take the Carte Neige in France, but was surprised when on my recent holiday that no-one in the chalet was aware of it - a shame when one considers one of the group had to be blood waggoned off the piste after a nasty head knock. The person was pronounced OK fortunately, but they had been out cold for a few minutes. Lucky they had a helmet on!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For future reference, what are the alternatives to France's Carte Neige in other countries (if indeed there are any)?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The insurance co who do the SCGB insurance rate skiing with dinghy sailing, scuba (30m), jet skiing, golf, inshore yachting, horse riding and squash. Ski racing is rated with gymnastics, bungee jumping, rugby, deep sea fishing and kayaking. Both are safer than paragliding, deep sea yachting, sand boarding and rock climbing. Makes skiing sound pretty safe (which doesn't mean that you don't need insurance unless you're very rich), especially bearing in mind that a twisted knee is likely to cost an insurance co. a lot more on a skier than on a golfer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd recommend checking small print too - not just for accident cover but also for delay/cancellation & lost bags. ... replacement, hire and emergency purchases....Its usually naff all - or considerably less. Oh and the mountain of ridiculous paper work you are supposed to obtain or retain in order to make a claim.

Anyway, is there some sort of a link to an explanation/description of what this Carte Neige you speak of is & what it does?

Cheers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've never properly researched this but isn't the Carte Neige a day by day insurance, usually purchased with the lift pass and costs a few Euros per day? And does it just cover you for evacuation from the piste? (not sure about off piste) I have annual travel insurance with Insure-and-Go (I've not had a ski claim but have had another medical claim and they were fine) and I rang them last year to check if I was already covered for this and they assured me I was - though I don't think the small print was clear which is why I rang them. Off piste is not covered in my annual deal hence I guess stories of people crawling back to the piste before seeking help?

It would be good to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about.... Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Honda Kitty, there's a thread here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=35118 that probably covers the topic reasonable well.

kewhoward, if you take Carte Neige 2.70€ a day on top of your ski pass, it will cover your removal from the mountain (in France) and not require you to pay the cost for said removal which you would normally reclaim from your normal insurer. Apparently you just present your ski pass for proof of the insurance. Again, the above link contains more info.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marcus, Thanks for the link - I think it does cover my points snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kewhoward, I'm with Insure and Go on annual cover and went with them specifically as they did cover off-piste. From their web site

Unlike some winter travel insurance, our ski travel insurance covers off piste skiing and snowboarding automatically as well as tobogganing, snow mobiling, guided cross country skiing, mono skiing and ice skating

http://www.insureandgo.com/travel-insurance/Ski-Insurance.htm
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Boris, I'll have another look - I 've been with them for several years and just renew as a matter of course - maybe I was having a senior moment or suffering the after effects of crawling back to the piste with concussion wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris,

I'm afraid it wouldn't cover me as it says it covers guided xc skiing, so presuably wouldn't cover normal xc skiing on your own. I'm insured with direct travel which covers me for off piste and for racing (non FIS races) which was useful (required) when I did some xc racing last year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave Horsley, agreed doesn't cover everything, being a standard piste skier, with the odd cut through the trees, I wanted to make sure I had a policy as it was a certainty that should I fall over it would be on the little bit between 2 marked runs!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy