Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI SUNDAY 7PM BBC2 20TH JAN 08

Poster: A snowHead
HI 5 mins to go until Ski Sunday and some Miller Time!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was just about to post this!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On hard drive record for me.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Er ..... what is happening, have I got the right show on? I don't want to know the history of the fxxxing alps, I want Miller time. Where is the snow where is the racing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5 minutes in and i'm shouting at telly, who gives a shite about the alps in the summertime (or watching Bell wandering around them)?? aint it supposed to be "Ski Sunday"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
where the Be Nice please! is the skiing ? some poncy Be Nice please! chef - where's the racing gone ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
austin7 wrote:
where the Be Nice please! is the skiing ? some poncy Be Nice please! chef - where's the racing gone ?

channel 4
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well its a bit different than before i mst admit, i just hope they have some more racing, and why hasnt that guy got his helmet done up!!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So far this show is pure w&nk .... who does this apply to, skiing in Siberia wow how accessible.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm im not loving this...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plectrum, AHHHHHH 30 MINS AND STILL NO FXXKING SKIING
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow a mountain!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ah I just thought oh good, downhill...... and we have sports psychology... sigh Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Watching it at the moment. The focus on DH crashes is quite distasteful. There's enough dynamic, exciting footage of racers in Kitz without having to watch skiers hurt themselves in slow motion.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
God who tells the BBC this is what people care about! Bring on the crashes but forget the psychologist!
snow report
Good an onboard!
snow report
It's suddenly stopped streaming online now too! Perfect timing Sad
snow conditions
Woo McCartney wow what a way to finish!
ski holidays
At least he is awake in hospital now.
latest report
The race was interrupted for half an hour after McCartney, the second racer, lost his balance at the final jump and smashed his head on the snow. He briefly lost consciousness but reportedly had no serious injuries.
latest report
plectrum wrote:

You think that was entertaining? Sad
snow report
Good skiing from the Hermanator
snow report
I like the new format. It's the racing that bores me
snow conditions
Miller skis lateral on the netting!!!! Wow
snow conditions
rob@rar, Generation X
ski holidays
That was just showing off from Miller! Laughing
latest report
Cuche looks pretty amazing
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
plectrum wrote:

You think that was entertaining? Sad

That's what i thought Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
plectrum wrote:
rob@rar, Generation X

Puzzled

Cuche stomped it. Good on him. If ever a ski flip was deserved...
snow conditions
Dunny#1, rob@rar, I found that and other crashes ... entertaining. This could be F1 this could be skiing, it could be fights in Rugby or Football .... yes I find it all quite entertaining.
latest report
plectrum, that's a shame. Beyond that words fail me.
snow report
rob@rar, Generation X .... They just did a a ten minute expose on crashes prior to the downhill and finished the downhill coverage with crashes .... it seems that more people than not find it entertaining.

Anyway all in all this Ski Sunday was rubbish 13 mins out of a 60 minute show dedicated by skiing .... time to get Eurosport.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Why is it a shame? The skiers are hurtling down a extremely steep slope at >100km/h crashes are part of the game. You may be confusing entertaining with enjoyable.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
plectrum wrote:
rob@rar, Generation X

Puzzled

Cuche stomped it. Good on him. If ever a ski flip was deserved...

Is this a viable means of checking your Din setting and ski release!!!!!
ski holidays
given up on ski sunday now, back to watching the womens SG videod from eurosport this morning Very Happy god bless europsort.... apart from not having so many of the austrian races - but channel 4 comes in handy there Very Happy sorry ski sunday, from now on I may watch the start to catch the theme tune, but then I will change the channel Very Happy
latest report
plectrum wrote:
Dunny#1, rob@rar, I found that and other crashes ... entertaining. This could be F1 this could be skiing, it could be fights in Rugby or Football .... yes I find it all quite entertaining.

Yeah but in F1 they have so many safety devices, the crash helmets don't break, heck theydon't even move forwards because on the Nahs device, and yes that can be entertaining 'coz it aint often anyone gets seriously hurt! The last one i can think of is R Schumacher in Indy in 05, or Kubica in Canada this year but they wernt as serious as that one from Mcartney!
latest report
plectrum, I find it a shame that you think watching people get hurt, occasionally seriously, to be entertaining in some way. I'm as interested in ski racing as anyone and when I see big crashes on TV it's sickening. The fairly relentless focus in Ski Sunday on some of the worst crashes down the Streif went considerably beyond sporting coverage into voyeurism. The fact that you call it entertainment is, for me, a matter of some shame.
snow report
Dunny#1, Maybe you are Rob can keep watching BBC2 for the sedate snooker!
snow conditions
plectrum wrote:
Dunny#1, Maybe you are Rob can keep watching BBC2 for the sedate snooker!

Because I don't like seeing racers crash you think that somehow qualifies me for the slippers and armchair brigade? Funny, very funny. I'll tell that to the person who does a little bit of race coaching for me. I think she'll enjoy that one Laughing
ski holidays
That was total bolox.

For the first time ever I was actually quite pleased when ski sunday finsihed.

12minutes of skiing, mostly focusing on people crashing. Opening run on Kitx was a skier being put in hospital - much repeated. 15minutes of film in Russia to see less than 2 minutes of mountain report and less than a minute of some unknown minor floodlid slope in the middle of no-where. 10 minutes of celebrity worship combined with an advert for GB's coaching skills.

Should have guessed just what a waste fo time this was going to be form the opening 10 minutes of footage of some bloke wandering round mountains in the SUMMER !

Oh dear.............

HURRAH - the redbutton thing has brought up world cup skiing !! and to think I've just wasted an hour watching ski sunday when this was on all along.

Oh - dunny - it's a HANS device, not a Nahs. And motor-racing crashes aren't funny. Fascinating, entrancing, maybe, but its a morbid fascination - either that or a sick mind. Before you ask, yes, I do know quite a few people who've been put in hospital motor-racing - have been involved in it in various guises for 20+ years.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 20-01-08 20:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy