Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, when i'm Mayor of Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Funny or not, i would oneday love to be the Mayor of Chamonix. So much of this wonderful place is spoiled by poor communication and a lack of respect for the people who were born and live here.

I have suggested that to keep some of Chamonix' French charm that in order to gain a work permit or buy a property, a basic level of the French language should be displayed or tested. Ok it's easy for me to say, when i arrived here, i spoke not a word of French, but have been hard at work ensuring that didn't last. Many of the people that were already here for along while still can't spend an evening in French company, this does nothing for relations.

What would you suggest for me to implement in order to improve the state of Chamonix before it's dilution is to far gone.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All vehicles must be registered and re-plated in the French system before they may be used for business OR kept in the resort for more than 4 months.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No body may be served alcohol unless an attempt has been made to order drinks in French. Toofy Grin

French radio stations may play whatever music they want to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ching-Ching. Toofy Grin

No hire car or unregistered vehicles allowed in the inner part of the town during holidays and high season. Park and ride at Les Houches will be offered.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Enforce dog fouling laws...if there are, in fact, any in France!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All bars, restaurants and shops in Chamonix will be encouraged to give discounts to Snowheads snowHead Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ban sledges and Blades from the pistes Toofy Grin
and people walking up the piste. Buy a lift pass like the rest of us Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't 40% of the resident population now Brits ?? Great Shame .....

- No Brit workers in bars
- No communication/publicity flyers in Engllish
- 'Supra-Tax' of x% on property purchase by any non-French resident
- No Brits allowed to own dogs
- No pubs only traditional bars, including selling 'pints' ... Guinness and Beamish banned
- No 'Happy Hours' wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agenterre, I'll be a poor, bored, thirsty and lonely Mayor then.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Don't see why 'Poor' ... you can still take the bribes commensurate with the position ... and there's always organized crime if you fancy a new 'motor' ...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
heh heh we snowshoed up the Pierre a Ric to Lognan the other day, you don't half get some funny looks.

I would give the lifties the power to take your pass if you don't smile and say "bonjour" to them.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dont jest about being a Mayor.

For my sins i am now officially on "le liste" for the elections in March here in the Pyrenees. We are lucky in that this area still remains very much a traditional French resort with only a small number of businesses owned and run by Brits.

God knows what would happen if I was elected - either way its going to a one off experience which hopefully wont interfere with my skiing too much.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Guide, He isn't jesting .... he means it Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Guide, Agenterre, True enough.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I have suggested that to keep some of Chamonix' French charm that in order to gain a work permit or buy a property, a basic level of the French language should be displayed or tested.

I understand where you're coming from, but I expect that would be illegal under EU law (for EU citizens).
latest report
Any people not showing a high enough level of French will be met with the retort

"Ahhhh blow ma nose at you, ahhh fart in your general direction, be away with you you silly k nigets" and various insults involving hamsters and elderberries

On a more serious note I believe there is at least one English mayor somewhere in the Lot area already.
snow report
All non-French workers must provide the Mayor with photographic/video proof of having successfully seduced a non-English speaking local without the aid of alcohol or money Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Ban sledges and Blades from the pistes Toofy Grin
and people walking up the piste. Buy a lift pass like the rest of us Toofy Grin

it is called a "lift pass" for a reason, it is a pass for the ski lifts, not the ski pistes.
snow report
davidof, After I posted that I thought, "I bet David corrects me on that one" hence the Toofy Grin at the end wink
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

I have suggested that to keep some of Chamonix' French charm

Do the French have charm? Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy