Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance question?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am travelling next week & have ordered the ski pass in advance; looking at the resort web site ( Val Cenis), there is reference to a 'Carte Neige'. It seems for an additional 2 or 3 euros/day this would cover rescue fees etc in the event you are required to call upon them.
My question is would these fees be covered in 'my holiday ' insurance; which does have winter cover but cannot find ref to events such as these resue fees etc...............
Any advice much appriciated.
Mitch
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mitchell, The 'carte neige' will cover you for rescue from the hill, certainly worth paying the couple of euro's per day. Just call into the lift pass office to purchase it (will need to show your lift pass). The ticket office is the bottom of the gondola in Lanslivillard or the maison in Lanslebourg.

How long are you in VC for, I arrive on 2nd Feb for 8 days
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mitchell, The will almost certainly be covered on your insurance, but you will have to check your own policy. The benefit of Carre Niege (for a few days) or Carte Niege (For a season) at 3 euros a day means that if you need to be brought down the mountain they will bring you straight down by blood wagon or heli. if you don't have carre niege they will check that you have insurance, or perhaps a massive credit limit on a card before getting you down, so you need to make sure you've always got your insurance with you and it is easily checked. I would pay.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
srobbo,,
'we' leave for home that day; got a last minute 1 week 'bargain' going on the 26th with snowcoach ( although 'we' are flying !!)............my first time skiing, I can wait to get there.
Hope the conditions are good ;
Have a good time
Thanks
Mitch
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mitchell, If I am correct if you have Carte Neige it gives you full mountain rescue and medical cover combinign this with the EHIC card you are but set. If you then book the whole holiday on your Credit Card you get enough other insurance protection against events such as lost baggage or holiday cancellation etc!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
plectrum, methinks he would still need winter sports cover insurance in case of, for example, medical repatriation, e.g. air ambulance, travelling with medics, cutting short holiday, travel back for family etc. If the injury was incurred while skiing etc it is unlikley that credit card insurance would cover it unless winter sports was standard.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
plectrum, The EHIC is NOT a suitable replacement for travel insurance. For a start, it does not cover repatriation - and I think you will find yourself paying a percentage of your costs. Repatriation costs do not occur just for those who need a special aircraft laid on. I needed a taxi from Alpe D'Huez to Grenoble, four seats booked at short notice on the aircraft, and a medical technician to drive me from the UK airport to home. Recovery of my car from the airport car park was also covered. Moreover, unless you are feeling really on the ball after your accident (unlikely) and speak really good French you could have problems keeping on top of the procedures that are happening around you so that you have the documentation to eventually recover what costs you can. Personally, for the relaively trivial cost of travel insurance with a British company, with an English-speaking person Is can talk to in an emergency, I'd rather have the insurance.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mitchell, Enjoy your time in the Alpazur, make sure you leave the room clean, it may be mine from the 2nd!
Pretty sure you will enjoy the resort and the hotel.

PM me if you need any more info
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
plectrum, maybe I owe you an apology on repatriation but only covers children, not, say, partners.

ASSISTANCE
For the cover to apply, the holder benefiting from it must request assistance directly by telephone 33 (0)1 41 85 85 96

4.1 Transport/repatriation :
if after hospital care, the Carré Neige holder is not in a state to travel under normal conditions, his/her transport/repatriation
shall be performed under medical supervision if necessary by the most appropriate means chosen and decided upon by
Mondial Assistance France.

4.2 Return of the children under 15 years of age, who were accompanying the holder, if no one is able to take care of them
after the implementation of a service defined in paragraphs 4.1 or 4.3.

4.3 Transport of the body in case of death of the holder of the Carré Neige to the place of burial, excluding any funeral costs.

4.4 Replacement driver to take the holder of the Carré Neige's vehicle home, if none of the passengers are able to drive,
following the implementation of a service defined in paragraphs 4.1 or 4.3.

Carré Neige holders resident in the following countries are entitled to assistance :
Andorra - Austria - Balearic Islands - Belgium - Bulgaria - Canary - Islands - Denmark - Finland - Germany - Gibraltar -
Greece and Islands - Hungary - Inland - Spain - Iceland - Ireland - Italy and Islands - Liechtenstein - Luxembourg - Madeira -
Malta - Metropolitan France - Norway - Netherlands - Portugal - Principality of Monaco - San Marino Republic - Slovak Republic -
Czech Republic - Romania - United Kingdom - Russia (European part) - Sweden - Switzerland - Turkey (European part).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Mitch,
Sorry i did not reply to you on your earlier posting , but as my knowledge of different ski resorts is very limited so thought it best to let others tell you about Val Cenis.
I have booked there again now, same week as you. So will see you there. Have you booked the lesson package as my Girlfriend is skiing for the first time so i am hoping she is not the only one having lessons from the hotel.

I did not hear of anyone taking out 'Carte Neige' last year, if you have any other question let me know. We are flying from Gatwick so may see you there.

The snow conditions look good on the web cams , lot better then when i was there last year , so I'm sure we will have a great time

Mike
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike SWest,
Yes, will be taking lessons from the hotel also; am there with a mate of mine, we have both managed to pursuade the other 1/2's to stay home to look after the kids.................only took me about about 6 months to win her over Very Happy
Also flying from Gatwick so we will see you there..................keep an eye out for my rather loud ( seems to be getting worse each time I look at it!) 'orange' D2B sk jacket ( it was a good price though).
Cheers
Mitch

PS J2ski weather outlook seems a tad 'warm' next monday Puzzled Although the forcast for a some adjacent resorst ( La Norma, Valloire etc ) seem much cooler Puzzled
Oh wel, cant do anything about it except crossed fingers, toes et all
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mitchell, Bright green jacket calling bright orange jacket, might see you (ha ha) there Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike SWest, Mitchell, Avago, Update on the conditions (from a resident by email yesterday) - Superb, best for years and no queues. Enjoy (but leave me some snow, please)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy