Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back from Andorra in pain!!!

Poster: A snowHead
On the very first day of a 4 day trip on the last run back to the village i hit a little patch of ice as i was stopping and ended up face up the mountain sliding backwards, my body weight pushed me forward and then it happened, I felt a large pop at the top of my calf Shocked
Pain like i have never felt before so off came the skis and hobbled my way the the villager bar to get drunk!!!
Didn't ski the next day had a drinking session the a certain Blues fan would have been proud of wink .
Thursday fought through the pain barrier to get some skiing in, then probably what happen next was not a good move. We went out to have a few beers and I found myself in one of them sumo oversized bar game suits wrestling my mate Puzzled .
Next day couldn't move so just felt sorry for myself, arrived back this morning and hobbled to the local A&E I am now in a full leg strapping on crutches for 3 weeks after I have found out that on the first days skiing I had ruptured and detached part of my right calf muscle Shocked Shocked
So bang goes my 4 day trip in Feb Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jase2472, ouch! Sorry to hear that squire.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jase2472 wrote:
Pain like i have never felt before so off came the skis and hobbled my way the the villager bar to get drunk!!!

You did what any real man would do then! Well done. I did much the same thing when I broke my wrist on a rugby tour (got p!ssed and eventually went to A&E upon my return home, after a few more pints at the club...)

Hope it's a quick healer - just go skiing in March instead! wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it was the hobbling to the Hospital that did it. Should have got a cab mate, you probably would be ok now wink

NehNeh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh so Proud of you snowHead You deserve a whoping great medal with lots of smaller medals on it in your honour Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jase2472, I didn't see you in the Villager, bad luck.
Had a similar thing when I broke my shoulder blade down the centre before lunch on the first morning, a litre of the the local red in Bormio didn't fix it so consulted a doctor in the bar who turned out to be a gynaecologist!! eventually went to the hospital and then on to the TO welcome meeting to tell them I wanted to go home Shocked as my insurance covered that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First class effort, well done!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jase2472, it would be worthwhile getting yourself to a sports injury physio if you can afford it (it is just possible that your travel insurance might pay since it happened on the slopes).

If you can't afford it, start doing some very gentle calf stretches earlier rather than later.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have just re-found the link to CEM's stretching exercises:
http://www.solutions4feet.co.uk/cp7.php
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jase2472, ow, ow, ow. Sympathies. And congratulations on extreme bravery.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dypcdiver wrote:
jase2472, I didn't see you in the Villager, bad luck.
Had a similar thing when I broke my shoulder blade down the centre before lunch on the first morning, a litre of the the local red in Bormio didn't fix it so consulted a doctor in the bar who turned out to be a gynaecologist!! eventually went to the hospital and then on to the TO welcome meeting to tell them I wanted to go home Shocked as my insurance covered that.

I was in there every day pal, if you was anything like me you wouldn't have been able to focus Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mate , if you want to get that injury sorted ,get in on ice , compression , rest and elevation , and lots of ibuprofen!!!.I have just partially done my calf playing footy over New Year and have just had to miss my ski trip to Val last week . On the road to recovery now ,but still touch and go for St Anton in Feb , do not take it too fast , and see a physio rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jase2472, Wear it is a badge of honour ... I 'split' mine 2 years ago ( falling up a drag lift !!) .... great to show folks in pubs now as looks 'magic' ! No effect on movement or strength afaics ( and as Docs say) , so will be better than ever in a couple of weeks !! Shame about the skiing though ..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
went for a hobble around the close last night a got knocked over by an over excited labrador, couldn't move this morning so wents doc's they say it has knocked me back to the start and the are admitting me to the local hospital on monday to check for a DVT Shocked
latest report
jase2472, Oops .. good luck . not funny Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
jase2472, Shocked
ski holidays
been to hospital today lots of injections and blood taken find out tomorrow 50/50 chance of DVT Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
jase2472, Bad luck. I have not heard of detached calf muscles before. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy