Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt v Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Zermatt and St Anton are my most favourite resorts for the skiing and apres but I've been a few times to both and now want a bit of a change.

I'm thinking of Verbier. Can anyone tell me a litte more, or perhaps how Verbier compares with Zermatt/St Anton?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mosh, Welcome to snowHead , other better equipped than I as I've only been to Verbier and Zermatt ... Zermatt is just better imho in every respect ....

Others will have more experience
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre,

Why you're so friendly and welcoming here Very Happy

I'm going to Zermatt for Christmas next year so reeeeally need somewhere else for Feb. Any suggestions?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mosh, I've skied all three resorts several times (Zermatt and St Anton many times, Verbier less). Verbier is a lot more like St Anton than Zermatt, in terms of testing skiing and off-piste.

Definitely a resort to visit - it has unique terrain - though the village itself doesn't have the soul and history of Zermatt or St Anton.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied in Verbier and Zermatt and they both have good points and I would go back to both resorts (off to Zermatt in March). Give it a go, if you love skiing you won't regret it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee,

Thanks for the advice. Don't forget to call into the North Wall at some point! Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mosh, Why not try the Dolimites
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd say Verbier is a "younger" resort in terms of the people who visit.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mosh wrote:
geepee,

Thanks for the advice. Don't forget to call into the North Wall at some point! Little Angel

Went to the North Wall several times on my last visit. Cool

I believe it's under new management now, anyone know if it's stiil ok.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
geepee, didn't go there this year. Had been told it had gone down the pan.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc wrote:
geepee, didn't go there this year. Had been told it had gone down the pan.

Sad I'll have a look in March.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i've only been to zermatt and verbier a few days each on the same vacation 2 years ago. i liked zermatt the best for the spectacular views and the lovely town. the skiing at zermatt seemed real tame to me except for a few spots but the off piste was not in good shape while i was there, very wind blown and crusty. verbier had the best terrain for the advanced/expert skier and i think the night life was a lot better but the town doesn't have as much charm to it as zermatt. if you stay in verbier get a place near the medran lift so you can walk everywhere. if you like it more relaxed and quiet maybe try the other base areas like nendaz or siviez. also zermatt is more german/italian and verbier is more french but both are easy if you only speak english. but definately the different cultural leanings are noticable.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
duffy, thanks for the info. I think we've decided on Verbier now. Can't wait Very Happy

Charlatanefc, oh dear, might have to go to the Pap Pub then, or perhaps that place past the stinky cow shed where you can get that hot plum schnapps. I remember going in but not coming out...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mosh, good choice - take plenty of dosh, mosh, I paid 65CHF for an Omlette et Frites at une Bierre (Grand) in one of the hotel restaurants Shocked there are more normal places to eat too. On the mountain I liked the self-service at the Col de Gentianes and hated the Powder Bar at the top of Lac de Vaux
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, crikey, thats a bit steep. Good job I'm used to Zermatt prices! We've booked now ~ Feb half term 2009 ~ got to book early for that week otherwise all you have left are really pricey hotels or chalets 4 miles out. One of the draw backs of being a teacher. Actually, after the day I've had not even the holidays seem like a perk anymore... Crying or Very sad

Very Happy Bring on the ski trips!
ski holidays
mosh, check out www.otp.co.uk. They don't surcharge for half-term week and they only do Swiss resorts and are based in Zermatt. I've been with them twice at half-term to Zermatt and Nendaz (resort in the Verbier ski area). I have no connection, other than being a satisfied customer but they give good value and a good personal service. I'm using them to go to Wengen and Zermatt this Easter.
snow report
geepee, sound good. I'll check it out. Thanks Very Happy
latest report
red 27, you were in the wrong places......
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, Are you a Toffee Charlatan? I too have connections in Kirkby - probably not quite as pretty as Verbier, but the omlettes are more affordable. Limited skiing available when the Alt freezes over... Shocked
snow conditions
red 27, I am indeed, a bloody disappointed one too after last night Sad Not from Kirkby, from Huyton a few miles down the road. The Alt actually runs across the field behind my house, not tried skiing it tho Wink

mosh, the Papperla pub is a great place, live bands in there most nights too.
ski holidays
Charlatanefc wrote:
red 27, The Alt actually runs across the field behind my house,

Skullie
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy