Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have read and re-read many of the forums here and elsewhere, but am having trouble deciding on a two ski quiver that will be versatile, fun and help me to improve in some of my weaker areas (big/tight/iced moguls, tight/technical trees, wet/heavy powder on flatter slopes/trees where some float is needed to keep moving).

I would like my newer/soft/deep snow ski to be nimble enough to handle tighter trees but with enough guts and stability to not hook up or get deflected in wet/heavy/windblown powder or crud. This ski will be used mainly resort off piste, tracked powder, crud and soft moguls. I may get into some bc this spring, so am considering putting a touring binding for which I am happy to get recommendations/input.

My other ski would be used roughly equally on groomers (including ice/hardpack), moguls, skied out off piste and park. I would like something that is as good as possible for moguls (all types) while still being decent on hardpack and capable of beginner level park stuff including trying to improve my switch riding.

ME- 6' 3'' (190cm), 190 pounds (86 kilo), moderately agressive level 8 (advanced to expert), 40 yrs old. Skied every year as a teenager, but boarded for 3 years, and didn't make it to the mountains some other years as an adult. Skied 1 day in 05-06, 18 days in 06-07 and getting out about 3 days a week this season living in the French Alps. Next year, my home area is likely to be either in Tahoe or Eldora- the only Colorado resort East of the continental divide which can get dumped on, but can also be windy and icy with man made snow.

Current set-up is Salomon Scream Hot 10 P (185 cm, 110-75-100, r= 22.1 with integrated pilot bindings) and Salomon x-wave 8 boots (90 flex, 30.5/345 mm). This is the first "newer" ski that I have owned and like them well enough, but think there are better offerings available for me. Boots are comfortable and fit reasonable well, although I wish they still fit as snugly as when I first got them.

I haven't demoed anything since the '04-05 season, so I can't really tell you my impressions or preferences of the current skis, but previously felt the Rossi B2 & B3 (or maybe it was Bandit) was not very inspiring as I tend to like a ski with a bit of rebound.

Thanks in advance for the help...Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scott Punishers, for the twin tips& Dynastar Mythic Rider Fluid's, for the go anywhere off-piste.

I have a 3 ski quiver: Dynastar Omeglass for rock hard piste days, when all I want to do is short turns.
Stockli Stormriders for anywhere, any conditions, any speed. Normal days then.
Dynastar 8800 for powder days and off piste days.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Spyderman...

A friend of mine got Mythics this year and really likes them alot...now if I can convince him to let me open up the binding to my 345 mm boot and take them out while he is working...

The Punishers are not something that I had even considered and doubt that I would make them my hard snow ski, but they seem like a pretty good all around option with tt and 85-90 mm waist for someone with a one ski quiver who wants to spend time in the park and elsewhere. It seems that Scott (made by Fisher in this case) is one of the few lines that have different sized waists for different length skis. To me this seems to make more sense than having the same dimensions regardless of length.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd recommend Head Monster iM82s as an all-rounder biased toward powder/off piste and high speed groomers, but they're not twin tips.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy