Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your mental image of snowheads you've never met...

Poster: A snowHead
It struck me the other day when I saw a linked picture from a snowhead of another snowhead (can't remember who now, but it was a fairly well known snowhead... Embarassed) that he was absolutely NOTHING like I had pictured him from his style of writing... I know what a few snowHead's look like from pictures but there are plenty I don't and for the sake of amusement (of those who know them) I shall give you my (probably equally wrong) mental picture of those snowheads I come into contact with or whose names I remember... (I don't even know if some of them are male or female so this could get *really* embarrassing... (makes mental note to check list of MSB attendees in order to avoid geting beaten up by departing snowheads on day of his arrival...)
*please note, no offence is intended, this is guesswork of the most extreme order, not analysis from keen observation*

brian, the weather god:
40-something. 5'10-ish, quite slightly built, short dark hair, wears glasses.

snowangel:
Hmmm. Late thirties? Known snowboarder so probably slim to average build, 5'6"-ish, shoulder-length brown/blonde hair

Helen Beaumont:
I *think* I may have seen a pic of Helen, but I'm not sure it was her. 40-ish, quite short (< 5'5"), average build, blonde hair?

Chris Brookes
50-ish. Not tall, maybe 5'8" or thereabouts, greying hair, average build

pam w
ooh. She's very polite so probably early 40's? I always think brown curly hair and quite petite...

Kitenski
I know he's called Greg. Sounds like a dude, mid 30's. 6'2", sporty type, blonde hair. Or blonde highlights at least. Designer stubble.

DG Orf
Until he mentioned it himself, I never pictured him as being "big boned"... But now I think of someone (with all that Wengen experience) of havign to be at least 40, 6' tall, heavy build, medium length dark hair
Telford_mike

stab
By the logic of being a snowboarder, he won't be fat. Although he eats lots of doughnuts. Hmm. Nah, I'll stick with 30-ish, 6' tall, short spiky dark hair. Probably got a goatee.

ronald
6' tall, yellow all-in-one, big shoes, big curly red hair... oh, hang on... wrong one. Er... foreign, late thirties, short dark hair, average build, 5'10" tall.

Frosty The Snowman
No-one called "the lardy love-god" is going to be accused of being too thin now... mid forties? (age, not waistline), heavy build, short dark, greying hair.

Agenterre
Mid to late forties. Facial hair - sounds like a man with a beard. Tall (6'3"-ish), average build, grey or balding.

Elizabeth B
Sounds mid thirties. Short-ish straight dark hair, quite tall (5'9") and athletic side of average build.

Admin
Better be careful here... er, I have no idea as I've seen so few posts by him. 6' tall, quite thin, 40-ish, medium length dark hair, maybe going a bit thin on top...

northantsred
Mid thirties. Heavy build, but not fat. short-ish blonde/brown hair. Moustache.

smokin joe
Mid forties. Ski dude. Tanned leathery face and short grey hair. 6'

cathy
Short, blonde and feisty. Approx 5'4" with long blonde hair. Average build.

Brian T
Another ski dude. Sounds younger than smokin joe. Late thirties, dark hair with some grey flecks, tanned face, lots of ski wrinkles.

Axsman
Has to be a top man as he's from my area. Sounds 40-ish and pretty average size & shape. 5'10" or thereabouts but sounds like he's bald.

I'll stop there as my database-scripting task I was waiting for has just finished... feel free to retaliate if I've slighted you...

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carled, I think it's for these peeps to say how accurate you are, if they wish. I did think FtS was female from an some early posts between us.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 19-01-08 12:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carled wrote:
Your mental image of snowheads you've never met

I don't picture any snowHead as mental, but from the descriptions you've given above ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are photos of a few here
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jerry, go on, you must have a theory........... who is that centre stage?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, that is IncogSkiSno during her "dress like a boy" phase...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, I couldn't possibly comment. Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Agenterre
Mid to late forties. Facial hair - sounds like a man with a beard. Tall (6'3"-ish), average build, grey or balding.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a mental picture of Brian racing around in a red VW Golf. I am convinced he looks like a youg Eric Morcambe, and from carled, 's description I am not far off (in a fictitous sort of way if you see what I mean)

I think Megamum looks like Andi MacDowal, and Charlichops looks like Scarlett Johanssen.

I am certain that Smallzookeeper looks like Hugh Jackman.

I always pricture holidayloverxx, in full scuba diving gear, and Lynseyf wearing a large floppy purple hat.

I think I have a few screws loose. Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sheepmadang wrote:
I always pricture holidayloverxx, in full scuba diving gear,

it's for the best, believe me - everything covered up!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Quote:
Agenterre

Note that FTS didn't laugh about my guess at his appearance... what does that tell you, eh? eh?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sheepmadang wrote:
I have a mental picture of Brian racing around in a red VW Golf. I am convinced he looks like a youg Eric Morcambe, and from carled, 's description I am not far off (in a fictitous sort of way if you see what I mean)

whoa, whoa, whoa... I have NO idea what any of these people really look like! I could be in a room with every one of them and not know it. Just how I picture them when discussing fine art and poetry of an afternoon on these here forums...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Quote:
Agenterre

Not sure I can type !!!

Will never see 50 again ....(nearly 54) ...
NEVER had a beard ( nor any facial hair for 30 + years )
5'11 and 7/8 ( Ok 5'11) ..
Build ? - Thick-set and (very) ugly ...
Grey( maybe even white) and mostly Bald ...

but Carled You are right about mental images , mine are invariably wrong !!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Helen Beaumont:
I *think* I may have seen a pic of Helen, but I'm not sure it was her. 40-ish, quite short (< 5'5"), average build, blonde hair?

Quite good, although I'm WELL under 5ft5" Laughing

Some of the others have made me laugh though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agenterre, Helen Beaumont, Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed sorry... Well, Helen is close, but like I say I have a vague memory of seeing a pic (bright blue ski jacket I think?) so I've only so far managed to get it vaguely right with Helen, who I've seen a picture of and Agenterre... well... I think I would struggle to have got it more wrong... You are a bloke, aren't you...? Puzzled
snow conditions
 brian
brian
carled wrote:
brian, the weather god:
40-something. 5'10-ish, quite slightly built, short dark hair, wears glasses.

Well you got the hair sort of right, although there's a lot of grey in it now. rolling eyes
ski holidays
carled, I think your weather forecasting has been much more sucessful wink Your only mistake with mine was "not"
latest report
 brian
brian
sheepmadang wrote:
I have a mental picture of Brian racing around in a red VW Golf. I am convinced he looks like a youg Eric Morcambe

It's green actually wink

Nobody's ever accused me of looking like Eric Morecambe though. Confused

Jeff Goldblum several times but not Eric Morecambe.
snow report
carled, Yes .. I am a bloke Toofy Grin
snow conditions
carled, Hilarious thread! Very Happy like me you age many snowHead 30's to 40's, reading between the lines I think many are actually older Shocked when I first joined I just thought everyone was 20's-30's! Laughing
snow conditions
feefee, when I joined snowHead I was in the 20's-30's bracket (just) Very Happy
snow conditions
carled, you are clearly a highly insightful chap who can recognise the inner essence, not just the tired exterior.....and I wish I was petite and just over 40. I am actually over 60, though I only feel a little over 40 (on a good day). I'm not fat, but nobody ever called me petite either. 5'6", not much under 10 stone, though my bum does look very good in my new salopettes, if I say it myself.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
carled, you are clearly a highly insightful chap who can recognise the inner essence, not just the tired exterior.....and I wish I was petite and just over 40. I am actually over 60, though I only feel a little over 40 (on a good day). I'm not fat, but nobody ever called me petite either. 5'6", not much under 10 stone, though my bum does look very good in my new salopettes, if I say it myself.

another roaring success then! Very Happy

er... dark curly hair... he says, clutching at straws...?
ski holidays
pam w, and I thought you were about 50ish!
Very Happy
snow report
dark yes - or it was before a fair amount of grey crept in. Not exactly curly. More bushy, if allowed to grow. But once I have my ski clothes, balaclava, helmet with piped music and goggles and am heading down the hill in front of you, who cares?

What do you look like? Slight and short with dark, straight hair?
snow report
pam w, I think I remember carled telling us he was very tall, but I could be wrong. Dark blond hair, I'd say. Confused
snow conditions
carled, I cant remember any clues about you but my guess is 30's, tall slim blonde?
latest report
What did Frosty say...? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Er... snowboarder, 41, 6'5" tall, very short dark hair (starting to slip backwards a bit... ahem...) and big built - not fat, just think rugby player size!

Do I really act blonde? blimey... I used to be blonde as a kid when I lived in sunny climes!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled, I read this as "the mental age of snowheads you've never met" Laughing
latest report
carled wrote:

ronald
6' tall, yellow all-in-one, big shoes, big curly red hair... oh, hang on... wrong one. Er... foreign, late thirties, short dark hair, average build, 5'10" tall.
snowHead

You got my size 44-45 (10ish UK) shoes right, 2 attempts to guess the height, both wrong! try 6'1"

oh btw... the yellow all-in-one is especially wrong

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 19-01-08 18:41; edited 2 times in total
latest report
sheepmadang wrote:
Lynseyf wearing a large floppy purple hat.

I think I have a few screws loose. Embarassed

Haha, can I ask why?????
latest report
I have some images of a few people that would be totally wrong I'm sure. Don't know whether I'm happier leaving those images in my mind or would I like to see a picture of or meet them. Puzzled
snow conditions
BGA....I don't have a clue (well maybe a clue from one of the letters is his nom-de-plume) what he looks like but I do know what the B, the G and the A stand for thanks to a few cocktials with Melody.

The G is especially funny as I am assured it has no validity!!
ski holidays
>> Kitenski
I know he's called Greg. Sounds like a dude, mid 30's. 6'2", sporty type, blonde hair. Or blonde highlights at least. Designer stubble.

40, 5ft 10", salt n pepper hair, no stubble, but one is right, I am sporty Smile
snow conditions
Quote:
cathy
Short, blonde and feisty. Approx 5'4" with long blonde hair. Average build.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Probably best to just say average all round wink Toofy Grin
snow report
I picture all female snowHeads as drop-dead gorgeous. I know one who is.
latest report
kitenski, Oops. I always thought you were a girly Embarassed Sorry
snow report
ickabodblue, I'm with you on that one Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
Given the ones i've met, i wish i still had my imagination to draw upon. Toofy Grin
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Ouch wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy