Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap skiing from Geneva airport (end of March)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking for a cheap week skiing at the end of March and was hoping you folks could help me somewhat. I will be flying to Geneva airport (unless anyone knows of mega cheap flights to other waypoints from Newcastle airport??) via trusty EasyJet and looking to connect up with some great skiing. I am aware that Chamonix is easy from there, but does anyone know of cheap transfers and hotels in this area? Last year I booked a transfer from Geneva to Val d'isere and could have sworn at the time reading something along the lines of a free transfer from Gen to Cham?

If you guys could be so kind as to dispense some info on cheap transfers to and from surrounding ski resorts (which will likely have great skiing at the end of mARCH) and cheap acommodation that would be much appreciated. The emphasis is deffo on cheap as I am off on a huge skiing bonanza next month which will hurt my funds Sad

Any ideas then? snowHead

PS: Hope everyone is having a brilliant season so far wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anyone?
the cheapest I have found transfers so for is for 55 euros but can't seem to find any cheap accom rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shenryo, patience grasshopper, there's not many peeps on here at the mo'. Will liven up later in the day I imagine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lol, cheers Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The UCPA (hostel ski packages) might be worth a look. They have facilities at several major French resorts, accessible from Geneva:
http://holidays.ucpa.com/ski_or_snowboard/index.html
A rail transfer to Chamonix from Geneva takes longer, but might be cheaper than the bus. I did it many many years ago and the train departed from a suburban Geneva station.
Another cheap way out of Geneva Airport is to pay a rep on a tour operator transfer bus for a ride. Haven't done that for a long time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shenryo, transfers are never very cheap and they're certainly never free, though Chamonix has more choice (and therefore better prices) than many places. Accommodation for weekends is generally rather difficult because most French places do strictly Sat/Sat. But there are some dorms in Chamonix I think - cheap and cheerful? Several have been mentioned on Snowheads in the past, so you could do a search. But you will keep coming up against the fact that in terms of "Euros per run" weekend skiing is an extremely expensive way to do it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shenryo, Flight to Geneva, Ski bus to Chamonix Sud, Stay in Gite Vagabond ..... Done!

Total flight ~ £85, bus ~ £25 return, stay ~ £20 per night half board.

My comission just bring me back a snowball!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
you get ski bus from airport it is a national bus service
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
how did you work all that out plectrum??? lol Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shenryo, try Mountain Sun in Tignes. Joanne from them is a SH. Lots of SHs did the Atomic Boot camp offer there in the autumn - v friendly place, bus stops right outside, 5 mins to Le Lavachet.

Std short break: 4 nights in catered chalet £189 on 30th March, transfers £25 each way.
Also they tell me they will again be doing 3-night specials in April for the last few weeks of the season, last year it was £75 including transfers if done mid-week.

http://www.mountainsunltd.com/tignes_files/shortstay.htm
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy