Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Salomon boot concept for the 09 season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rumour has it that Salomon will be introducing the 'Custom Shell' in the coming season - apparently you warm up the shell for 10 minutes after which you insert your foot and liner into it so that it can cool down and form to your feet. In other words, heatmolding your shell instead of just heatmolding the liner!

Interesting development, or gimmick?!

Have any of the resident bootfitters more rumours or even hard info on this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skibomb, it is true........ though i have not seen it yet i have heard various things about it, the boot involves panels of a newly developed PU which when heated turns to a toffee like substance, then as it cools sets back to whatever shape it is put in, it can be re heated and re moulded.

it will only be in selected areas medial and lateral sides of the foot and i am not sure how extensive the size of the panels will be....though i did hear the other day that it looked a little strange [a translucent shell with a solid black panel on the side which looked out of place on the boot....] but this was just the opinion of someone who had seen it.

i'm sure SZK will report back more from ispo in the coming weeks

in saying this bootfitters have been heating shells to do exactly this for years , the only development i can see is a plastic which makes it easier and promotes the idea

oh and while we are on the subject ....this development does not mean that everyone will fit into this boot
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy